Wheel weights

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loupe

Reaction score
I posted this on the RR section but thought it might be better here.
I have the new RR with the lightweight wheels and require a rear tyre. The existing ones have no weights and I wondered if they go on the inside.
If they go on the outside are there different ones that can be used?
I'm only asking as my last bike had the weights removed twice and the wheel paint was damaged in the process.
Thanks in advance.

I havnt got weights on my wheels either , there is a red spot on the side of the tyre that has to line up with the wheel valve that balances the tyre in most cases although I have seen hp4 wheels with the standard lead weights on them for balancing. remove the weights yourself using tooth floss to cut it off then a quick wipe over with a bit of petrol to remove the residue ,happy days

I havnt got weights on my wheels either , there is a red spot on the side of the tyre that has to line up with the wheel valve that balances the tyre in most cases although I have seen hp4 wheels with the standard lead weights on them for balancing. remove the weights yourself using tooth floss to cut it off then a quick wipe over with a bit of petrol to remove the residue ,happy days
Thanks Cally, great advice re tooth floss.

Back