Oh dear...

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decisions decisions...........Remember hindsight is a wonderful thing lol...

?16k for one with 8.6k miles, isn't that a bit expensive ?, wouldn't be me.
How much is a 2015 ? - better technology there and that would be my option.

Just checked the finance possible on handing in my 2012 for this 2013 HP4C

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...cksearch/true/postcode/w24jn/page/1?logcode=p

and it's possible...I have tonight to decide before someone else gets it.

Hehehe. I did wonder if you might....

Great bike, I was out on mine on Friday and it is simply superb. The new bike might have this and that new etc, but the previous model is a well honed machine, the HP4 being the ultimate version.

Life is short, if that's what you want to do and it is affordable then go for it. It will always be a limited, desirable bike, so you can always chop it in one day without much bother if things change. Just don't be spanking it round cadders and snetterton showing the rest of us up ;) !

just thinking - if it hasn't already got them, see if you can get the dealer to include the abs pro upgrade and pillion pack FOC.

if you put the hp4 carbon next to 2015 model you would go for hp4 all day, i have one and when you lift the cover you smile from ear to ear lol,
and you can get abs pro installed and also get a downshift blipper fitted ( see my post on s1000rrforum)
GO FOR IT MAN you know you have to

if you put the hp4 carbon next to 2015 model you would go for hp4 all day, i have one and when you lift the cover you smile from ear to ear lol,
and you can get abs pro installed and also get a downshift blipper fitted ( see my post on s1000rrforum)
GO FOR IT MAN you know you have to

Is the downshift blipped from BMW ?

No I wouldn't !.
Extra HP, clutchless downshift, newer tech or some carbon bits ? - I'm not up to speed on either but I certainly wouldn't go for the old model.
Maybe the HP4 is better to look at because of some carbon bling but I'm not into looking at them.

I have to agree the hp4 is a pretty bike but itv never entered my head to buy one over the new s1000rr , the new bike is a far better machine

downshift is from a company in Derby called pro shift
as regards to Nivens reply have they been a new 2015 on dyno for actual dyno readout and they all vary in power figures as we all know
and if they is 6 bhp difference do you think you will notice it ? don't think so

No I wouldn't !.
Extra HP, clutchless downshift, newer tech or some carbon bits ? - I'm not up to speed on either but I certainly wouldn't go for the old model.
Maybe the HP4 is better to look at because of some carbon bling but I'm not into looking at them.

I would have thought the new model isn't really an option anytime soon due to waiting lists?

as regards to Nivens reply have they been a new 2015 on dyno for actual dyno readout and they all vary in power figures as we all know
and if they is 6 bhp difference do you think you will notice it ? don't think so

Pro Shift do the PS3 for most bikes - clutchless up and down - also button shift if you like, approx ?3.5k fitted.
As regards variance in power, yep they are all different - would I notice - maybe but probably not. That said I'd rather have the extra HP to start with and the newer technology which will make the bike perform better on the track and give a better base to build on. If it was not better BMW would not have released it.
Probably best to say that I only ride my sports bikes (2012 S1k & 2013 Panigale R) on the track therefore only interested in things that make a difference to performance not things that make them look pretty.
I didn't know there was an availability issue but I still wouldn't buy something that I didn't want just because none of what I wanted was available.

Well, I've passed, sense got a hold of me, as I will be moving soon (another rented flat) and I need to have some secure parking for that, not the street. If the new TBD flat doesn't have secure parking I'd have a hell of a headache on my hands with an HP4C.

As for the argument around HP4C vs 2015, I agree with both sides lol. HP4C is more special, 2015 is probably the better road bike. The HP4C will always catch the eye of those that know. I'd be happy with either. I just saw it on BikeTrader and thought it was worth knowing if it could be done. Now I know and now I will redouble my efforts on secure parking! (Current bike is not in London atm).

Hi Kevin, sorry to bother you but is this the downshift blipper system from Pro Shift you fitted on your HP4? http://www.proshift.com/proshift_downshift_auto_blipper

Cheers
Ian

Latest posts

Back