Anyone changed their seat on the S1

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Explorer

Reaction score
If so what have you gone for, thinking of doing this would like people's opinions. I see BMW do a comfort seat, but the colours are all wrong for the HP4.
thanks guys.

I sat on a bike with the comfy seat at the bike show and it did feel comfy lol

I prefer the OE seat because I can move about on it unhindered. These are 'pretty', but I suspect they offer more grip/friction, which would be a problem.

http://www.luimoto.com/?p=344

I found that wearing a pair of padded cycling shorts under my leathers/goretex keeps it very comfy.

or you could just redo the padding on the OE seat and staple it back up again.

Last edited:
Yes I have a 20mm higher seat on mine by Wunderlich it's very comfy and makes the bike turn in better

Last edited:
Thanks guys, found this one as well from Sargent seats, looks okay
5436d06ed9b7b417bea6f921559e96aa_zps179083d3.jpg

Thinking of going for the HP4 Luimoto cover linked above by soofsayer, has anyone replaced the cover on a bike seat before? These seats are expensive for what they are and I don't want to balls it up. The videos on the site make it look simple but the text is putting me off, ' needs lots of stretchering and patience'.

Thinking of going for the HP4 Luimoto cover linked above by soofsayer, has anyone replaced the cover on a bike seat before? These seats are expensive for what they are and I don't want to balls it up. The videos on the site make it look simple but the text is putting me off, ' needs lots of stretchering and patience'.

I think that if I do change the seat on the HP4 it will be with the sargent seat option. I don't fancy trying to put a new cover on the oe seat for all the reasons you describe sharpedge. I bought/won a sargent seat off ebay last week for my other bike and it is a nice bit of kit so my presumption is the one for the HP4 will be as good quality.

Trying to work out some numbers. For the life of me I am not able to find any price info on the net for the stock S1000RR/HP4 seat. Anyone have an idea?

Got the sergeant seat, it is great quality and looks really well on the HP4. Not been for a ride on it yet, I'm hoping it feels as good as it looks.

dc5e18329d9daf164a3f887f0ecf5738_zpsc92d0401.jpg
The Sargent seat, feels different to the bm one, not ridden on it yet, will let you know how it feels after a few hundred miles.

Last edited:
So I did commit to one. Fluffy's black one to be precise.

Did a 180 mile run out with it yesterday. I like it:

- material is slippy enough so as to be able to move around on the seat easily. Not at all confining which I had been worried about.

- seat is marginally higher than stock, found out as I got wrist ache / numb hand almost immediately, made some minor adjustments to my grip position to resolve it.

- has a slight lip at the back of the seat which is a nice contact point when getting tucked in.

- slightly softer seat padding which helped the overall comfort during the day and absorbed some of the bollock bashing usually dished out when going over bumpy surfaces.

- seat is slightly higher at the tank than the oe seat, actually fits better than the stock seat IMO. This helps stop being bumped forward into the tank when braking over uneven surfaces.

overall very pleased with my purchase, thanks fluffy.

I'm thinking about getting myself a Sargent seat I like the fact the seat is higher in the front to stop you slipping forward, the price is putting me of a bit though just in case i dont like it lol

I know what you mean about the price. It wasn't at the top of my list of things to get tbh, just happened that fluffy was selling his for a bit less than a new one and they don't come up much 2nd hand.

I went with the BMW comfort seat on my 2015, it's more comfortable and does not have the annoying habit of 'pushing' you forward into the tank like the OE one does.

It is about 25mm higher than the OE seat though it does not really have any bad effect, means a bit more leg room as well.

I went to the TT on mine, 2 up from Devon and found it makes a reasonable 'tourer', 1500 miles in 9 days, I did a few laps of the course ;-)

I might consider using the OE seat for trackdays, but otherwise, it's staying on.

Back