Abs pro

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at this the other day, so far I've not seen any reviews on it, interested to see what people think.
The other upgrade i would consider if they will release it is the quick shifter with the auto blipper clutch less down shifts

Hi all anyone had the upgrade to abs pro if so worth having

I will be having the upgrade done at the next dealer visit. On public roads there is always the possibility of something totally unforeseen happening, and at that moment I'll take all the help I can get.

The only downside to the upgrade is that it is not fully active in race or slick. I ride 90% in race, so will the upgrade mean I change to sport on the road? Sport is fine, but it's not race :). Choices....

went to my dealers they said ?309 for ABS Pro takes two hours to download onto your bike, go on s1000rrforum (usa site reviews on there about ABS Pro) i also used to use my bike in race or slick all the time, But before the weather broke used my bike a bit in sport and rain the bike feels really smooth (you do know you have same bhp in every mode on hp4) i got a Dan Bren tune on mine v1 handheld my genius,

I asked about downshift blipped but you can't upgrade (bmw) has to be an aftermarket make,

Thanks for your help I didn't know the bhp was the same in all modes what changes is it just the dtc ?

Thanks for your help I didn't know the bhp was the same in all modes what changes is it just the dtc ?

Have a look in the manual as it explains the detail, but basically, the modes change throttle response as well as the dtc intervention criteria. Also braking systems and anti-wheelie are changed, so there's a bit to read up on mate.

Hi from France,

I got the ABS PRO installed just after 1000km 2 weeks ago on my HP4.

Hi, I'm looking to have this upgrade fitted, but my local dealer is trying to charge me ?400 odd for it. Can I ask those people who have had it done what you were charged (all in, ie the software, the labour, and vat)...?
Thanks
Jonathan

Holy cr@p. ABS Pro is ?323 incl VAT and heavily discounted 'fitting' ?15 at my dealer. Basically a download from BMW to the bike as previously stated. I'll be doing it when the bike is next in in July.

Info I got was that it is not standard on the new model bike, awww, something else to whinge about no doubt.

Did they say if it would be available for the new model? I promise I won't whinge if not :applause:

Did they say if it would be available for the new model? I promise I won't whinge if not :applause:

Lol :) , no idea. I just asked if it was on the new model, because I would have had right old whinge ;) at BMW wanting to charge me loads for it if they were giving it away already as standard. I would have thought it would be an upgrade at some point when Bosch do their bits, the problem is that the ECU is different on your bike from mine, and abs pro needs the DDC gyros to work, so it has only been the HP4 to date that can have it, and it took a year or so after the bike was launched before the system was offered. TBH the standard TC & ABS is plenty good enough for most situations.

Ah ok, I'm slowly getting to grips with this bike and I'm in the dark about most things on it.
love the look of HP4's, would you buy another one no question if they took a new model out, or would you consider the RR over it?

Hmmm. The HP4 was the halo bike. It had the ddc and Sachs setup you now have, with a track focus, limited production. The next 'HP4' (I don't think they'd call it that) would have to bring something new to the table that your bike doesn't have (even as an option during it's production), a game changer the same way the ddc and Sachs have been. Quite what that would be is anyone's guess because the new model does everything.... Rocket power lol? But based purely on something being a leap forward in terms of handling, rideability and limited production, sure I'd likely go for one over a stock bike when that time comes. But then I'm a sucker for new shiny stuff :). Hope that all makes sense.

Yes makes perfect sense, my bike is more than I'll ever need but I guess we all want something we don't have, the chase is almost as good as buying something sometimes. I looked at the HP4 then decided against it purely based on getting a new bike with warranty.
Now I look at HP4's and wonder if I should have bought one.
Never content....

Few bits of carbon, few nice bits, racing exhaust system and you've got one already plus extra toys and bhp. Bugger.

Haha but it's not an HP4. I was reading on the American forum that some owners get bent out of shape if an RR owner puts the HP4 stickers on their bike.

I'm a little confused for my old age. Are we talking about "Rider Modes Pro" as opposed to ABS Pro?

Back