I want to hoist a minger!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GS TRV

Reaction score
Ok I've had enough. I've seen too many you tube clips showing dudes nonchalantly hoisting monster wheelies with seemingly no effort. I've decided to I want to join that club as my attempts so far have been miserable.

So let's hear some advice please people.

Gear
Setting
mode

And make it fail safe please as I only have one Bike and it has to be in one piece to take me to the TT this year.

Thanks

Trev

First you will need to turn the traction control off if you have it on your bike. there are 2 ways to wheelie.
1. off the throttle, power wheelie

2. clutch it up, using the clutch.

it would take me ages to type on how to wheelie. you really need to be with someone and practise with them showing you.

only looks, it's not. It will wear your bike , especially suspension as on the beginning you will slam from on the ground rather then gently put it down. I know someone who thought, he can do it blindfolded and he was giving other lessons how to, his confidence lost him and he flipped the bike (even he done this hundreds if not thousands times). Very painful (especially looking at the bike after crash). Think twice if you really want to take this risk and if you do, be very very patient

Good luck

Ok, I'm not the best wheeler in the world but think that like neeves said wheeling a push bike is the same principles as wheeling your motorbike. Only difference is you have to pedal on your pushbike but if you flip your push bike you can save it. Start by getting your pushbike out and do wheelies on that, learn all about the balancing act that you need to feel first. Once you can pedal a wheelie for at least 50m+ will you have learned the balance needed to start on your bike. If you flip your motorbike your going to crash, it's to heavy to push it back down plus the speed your going means you can't run along side it either. My dad got me a field bike when I was 6 years old but I didn't start to try and wheelie a bike till I was about 10 or 11. By this time I could wheelie my bmx push bike for some distance. My older brother had a FS1e and clocked a distance of just over half a mile for one wheelie. Then I just got better and better on motorbikes but have flipped many of them and it's never pretty for bike or rider. I now cover the back brake but prepare for blown fork seals as a panic stab on it slams the bike down and clangs your nuts smartly on the tank for good measure to......

But I will never stop doing them as I love to hoist a wheelie as anyone who rides with me will tell you, the feeling you get outways the dangers but the police really don't see it the same way :(

eneasz link=topic=494.msg4581#msg4581 date=1329564044 said:
only looks, it's not. It will wear your bike , especially suspension as on the beginning you will slam from on the ground rather then gently put it down. I know someone who thought, he can do it blindfolded and he was giving other lessons how to, his confidence lost him and he flipped the bike (even he done this hundreds if not thousands times). Very painful (especially looking at the bike after crash). Think twice if you really want to take this risk and if you do, be very very patient

Good luck

Mmmm food for thought. Considering I want to get to the TT in one piece I might just leave it to the pros.

Can't wheelie to save my life :mad: but knowing 2 members on here Rhanmore & Andybarsblade & seen them both in action they are the best people to advise how it's done, don't want to blow his trumpet too much but Rhan can't wheelie 2 up faster than I can ride on my own with the front wheel on the ground ::) ::) ::)

Back