So who will be trading in this year and what for?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GS TRV

Reaction score
I saw the new Panigale at the bike show here last week and have got to say it truly is a work of art. Ive booked a test ride but more for curiosity not with any real intent to trade.

The dealer said he has sold already 12 SPs and 2 Tricolore. No-one has ordered the std one (at £16K!) as he says its always like that in the first year of any new model release - all the diehards go for the bling versions and then the following year he will see Blades,R1 s etc traded in for the std bike.

As theres nothing else out there that interests me it looks like I'll be keeping what i have for 2012.

I'm not one for diving into a brand new model just incase they turn out to be mobile grenades. Still got two years before I'm forced into any decisions.

Its a good looking bike, but the wiring is a mess, I'm sure they could have routed it out of sight a bit more. I would go for the base model rather than the SP. Dont like the adjuster things coming out of the top of the forks and to be honest dont see much need for them.

i just love dukes but not too sure on the pen i think if i did it i would prob just buy an 1198
maybe i have a look at one for a track bike?

having a test ride on a diavel next month , but it would sit next to the beemer not replace it
taking the wife on the s can be a ballache , that dairy lea triangle isnt that forgiving

fatbob link=topic=492.msg4547#msg4547 date=1329506185 said:
having a test ride on a diavel next month , but it would sit next to the beemer not replace it
taking the wife on the s can be a ballache , that dairy lea triangle isnt that forgiving

If I was getting a Duc it would be a Pikes Peak Multi :)

Im trading in my 1098s Tricolore for the 2012 RR, M sport.

Had ordered a Panigale Tricolore, but cancelled it for two reasons.

1. Hard to justify the HUGE price tag.
2. Took a S1000RR for a test ride, and it blew me away. Felt amazing!

8)

gaz3014 link=topic=492.msg4712#msg4712 date=1329899192 said:

8)

Flip - tell us more dude! Im having a test on a Panigale shortly. You must have a weakness for v expensive bikes 8)

GS TRV link=topic=492.msg4714#msg4714 date=1329903540 said:
gaz3014 link=topic=492.msg4712#msg4712 date=1329899192 said:

8)

Flip - tell us more dude! Im having a test on a Panigale shortly. You must have a weakness for v expensive bikes 8)

Ive had a couple of Ducati's. Had a 999R before my Tricolore, and really wanted the new one. But reality got the better of me, plus was hearing rumours of delays, possible issues (as with any new bike), and now Ducati Holding is up for sale.

But before I cancelled my order, I took the RR out for a spin, and wow....the rest is history!

I love my Tricolore, and have spent a fortune on her, but wanted a change. And the RR is something else.

Oh, and I'm picking mine up next Friday (2nd March). Pretty much got it loaded!! ;D

nice one. Well by not taking the Triclore and the beemer instead you now have an extra 10K in your pocket. Thatll buy a lot of bling 8)

GS TRV link=topic=492.msg4734#msg4734 date=1329984822 said:
nice one. Well by not taking the Triclore and the beemer instead you now have an extra 10K in your pocket. Thatll buy a lot of bling 8)

Hell yeah!!!! Had quite a few extra's fit ready for when I collect next friday, 2nd March!!! Sooo excited, feel like a little kid!

gaz3014 link=topic=492.msg4735#msg4735 date=1329990537 said:
GS TRV link=topic=492.msg4734#msg4734 date=1329984822 said:

Hell yeah!!!! Had quite a few extra's fit ready for when I collect next friday, 2nd March!!! Sooo excited, feel like a little kid!

dont forget to post up the pics ;)

Back