Re flash ecu or power commander

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevin m s/land

Reaction score
Alright lads, I have a my genius hand held ecu flash kit from bren tune (from the u.s.a. see forum) and to be honest if I put in in standard form or when its flashed I can not tell the difference anyone had theres done and a dyno to prove what bhp they have got with a re flash ?

Alright lads, I have a my genius hand held ecu flash kit from bren tune (from the u.s.a. see forum) and to be honest if I put in in standard form or when its flashed I can not tell the difference anyone had theres done and a dyno to prove what bhp they have got with a re flash ?

I have heard nothing but good things about the Bren, there's a few lads here with them, who are very happy with the results they have had.

As for your question the simplest and most reliable way would be to put it back to standard dyno it. Bren flash it there and then and dyno it, that will give you a fair comparison. Thats if you want to see the figures on a sheet of paper for what its worth. Not the cheapest but the simplest and will show you what you want.

Many of the differences can be quite subtle and its not till you grab the bike by the horns and give it some will you really know!! That is also dependant on you having done the same with the stock settings. if you have not properly spanked it, i would go with the above option. But if you do decide to spank it - vid please :p

Have you tried both maps? Bren says the '105' race map is much more aggressive then the '9x' map they supply (matched to your modifications). :)

For some it's not just the power, it's all the other benefits the tune brings to the earlier 2010-11 bikes (new traction maps etc) which makes it worthwhile.

Last edited:
You probably won't immediately notice changes when you swap maps,because the ecu needs time to adapt.
As previously suggested,a couple of dyno runs would show the differences.
My BrenTune(albeit Custom map) gave excellent results over a well set-up dyno tuned pcv.The BrenTune gave an extra 4bhp peak and 9bhp midrange.Throttle response is superb.
Admittedly,mine is on s1000.Having just got an HP4,It is possible the changes aren't so obvious on a HP4 as the power delivery is already pretty good.

can anybody comment on improved traction or wheelie control, not to fussed about more power but idea of a smoother traction and anti wheelie sounds much more appealing than power to me, can the unit only be matched with one bike/ecu??

The unit can only be used with one bike at a time, $250 if you want to use it for a different bike. :)

Back