S1RR ~ Take #2

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fluffy

Reaction score
Well, it's been a journey (as they say on X-Factor).

Had my first S1RR back in 2010, was Motorsports colours and kitted out with Ilmberger's finest.

Sold it and after racking-up the miles on suitably modded Husqvarna 900R Nuda, a R1200GSW and even a heavily modded/dropped Harley V-Rod, I'm back full circle to the RR and this time a 2014 model in Motorsport colours once more. Toyed with the idea of a S1000R but just not sure it does it for me despite long term loans.

Just added a good sprinkle of Ilmberger, a D3 tail tidy, Akra end can, MRS double bubble, single seat cowl (do they all fit that badly?), a Sargent seat, ProBolt black aluminium bolts and some Helibars and she's good to go. Am loving it this time round and post-2012 bikes a vast improvement to the original.

Watsen front and rear indicators on order, they'll be here when they're here...

For those that haven't tried the Sargent seat and Helibars, the difference is great, little or nothing by way of cosmetic change but increase in comfort (even over long distances now) is SUBSTANTIAL and comfort means relaxed, relaxed means smooth and smooth means quick.

Anyway, don't take my word for it, see what Track Day Magazine had to say:

http://www.trackdaymag.com/tracktested/576-heli-bars-on-a-track-bike.html

http://www.trackdaymag.com/tracktes...t-performance-seat-road-and-track-tested.html

Anyway, it's good to be back.

Attachments

• Fluffy S1RR.jpg
    Fluffy S1RR.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 122
  • Fluffy S1RR 2.jpg
    Fluffy S1RR 2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 121
Just went to the main Helibar site and auto directs to the UK dealer, no need to direct import from US or Europe.

Difference is 'night and day' (as they like to say State-side) but on day-to-day basis improves ergonomics significantly, is also a piece of pie like-for-like upgrade, takes about 90 mins end to end if you take time/take care.

Recommended.

I would like to be able to do longer runs without the wrists and back aching, so I might go down the heli bar route. Sometimes when you put higher bars on bikes you have to get longer clutch cables and brake hose, was this not the case with the heli bars ?

Nope, nothing else needed and fit was perfect.

Is proper 'premium product', very nice quality and no stretching of control cables or similar in any way (oh and no fouling of the fairing).

Is quite clever in that the clip-ons remain in exactly the same position on the fork leg but obviously the angle of the Helibars allows a lift of approximately 2", makes a World of difference.

In fact, it even feels as though you're not strapped to the front of a train (as I found I felt when riding the unfaired S1r on many occasions) and is an all round great upgrade, no regrets.

Back