tough choice

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eneasz

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I hope this is not going to be my last post, I read a bit on this forum as well as the other one as I'm just about to make my decision regarding next bike. I sold my zx6r which was great but after few years I felt it's time to move forward. Currently I'm only looking at two bikes s1000rr and zx10R. Both bikes are great and it's probably down to personal choice and opinion or very small details. I think some of you may have had similar choice to make and I wonder what is your opinion about it and what was the reason you choose bmw. If anyone had opportunity to be on new 2011/2012 zx10r could you share your opinion? I'm waiting for better weather to do test ride on both but can't sleep either without thinking about it. Thanks for any help and comments.

I've ridden the 2011 models of both bikes and have to say that I infinitely prefer the S1R (obviously).

Whilst the ZX-10R is a very good bike and I had a great time on it, it did feel quite twitchy and as though it wanted to play in a way I didn't... if that makes sense. I got the strong idea that I could quite easily freak myself out on that bike, in a bad way. Whereas the S1R felt very strong, stable and controlled. Still a hell of a lot of fun but in a much more gentlemanly manner.

In summary, the ZX-10R felt like an overexcited puppy and the S1R a true gentleman - both lots of fun but with the ZX-10R being too much after a while and the S1R just keeping on delivering...

Make sense?

Thanks Hanna, I think I recently read someone's review and it sounded and used similar words as yours. Did you write about it somewhere ... I think the person I read was a girl too and she tested few bikes. Just can't find it now.

Haha! Yep, that's me. I tested quite a few bikes and did reviews of all the rides.

To be far none of us mere mortals with ever ride them to their limits so I would say it's gotta come down to which one looks nicer in ur eyes

I tested the Kwacker and quite liked the riding position and dash. I just couldnt get over the hideous tail unit which totally spoilt it for me. The brakes arent as strong as the BM either.

Both have monstrous engines so you cant go wrong in that dept. So buy what you think looks the coolest - it is a big wedge so you've gotta make sure you are convinced it's for u.

GS TRV link=topic=469.msg4224#msg4224 date=1328863686 said:
I tested the Kwacker and quite liked the riding position and dash. I just couldnt get over the hideous tail unit which totally spoilt it for me. The brakes arent as strong as the BM either.

I think you are not the only person saying that, I've seen somewhere else someone saying exactly the same . What would you say about riding? Did you get the same level of confidence from both of them? have you find anything where one of them was better then the other in your opinion? I didn't tested them yet because of weather but I can imagine they both super-fast. What made you to go for BMW? I think on the paper and in press BMW wins , but I also heard that BMW service is ridiculously expensive , true?

Same level of confidence on both so no issue there. Both handle superbly. As I said brakes are better on the BMW.

Not true in my experience for servicing as it's an inline 4 so no majorntime consuming bits to service.

Just buy what stirs your heart. The motorsport colours didn't for me so that's what i got. As it's a shed load of money for either you'd better make sure your heart ismin it regardless of what forums will tell u. I mean go on the Kwakiutl forum and I'll get the samenstory.

Test ride them all! I did! And the BMW blew me away! Gives you so much confidence! Plus I loved the looks! The Kawasaki was awful! The build was pants compared to the Beemer! Be it's all down to taste,don't take my word for it! It's not all about speed/ forum hearsay. It's what makes your junk tick!

Thanks everyone for sharing your opinion, I can totally understand all of them and I agree with few of them. Uncle google loves me and 3 words I punch in every day and every day I find something new I didn't know before.

Back