abs in corners.......add on option.....

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garythegrass

Reaction score
Hi just read an article on Facebook....that bmw will be letting hp4 owners have abs cornering add to bike from late October....for 300 pound...my thinking dtc.....dos this braking in to corners...thing...thinking of going to bmw to put name down for it.....

My bike is in for service at the end of the month so ill enquire about this. I thought the bike had gyros and various other sensors to deal with TC and abs issues at all lean angles, so having abs as an added option into corners just seems wrong to me, abs is either on or off?

Think its an upgrade to refine the modulation of abs pressure at varying lean angles....but more investigation required...

So, flash upgrade to improve abs, ?300. I would have thought that would be free at a service. It is supposed to be race abs after all.

So, flash upgrade to improve abs, ?300. I would have thought that would be free at a service. It is supposed to be race abs after all.

Do M$ give away their latest version of Windows for free if you buy the older one? No... R&D needs to be paid for.

Do M$ give away their latest version of Windows for free if you buy the older one? No... R&D needs to be paid for.

Microsoft do give free updates. This is an update, not a new bike aka new version of windows. Should have been like this from the start surely. Maybe they should even pay the customer for helping developing it into what it should have been in the first place.

God loves a trier as they say.
How have you helped?!
The ABS system that came with the HP4 was the best available at the time. You should be glad of the opportunity to upgrade without buying a new bike, not bitching that it might cost a few quid.

God loves a trier just like BMW loves sycophants.
I guess we are no longer using your Microsoft example as that proves my point.
Data uploaded from your bike during service will be used to improve things I think that's kinda helping.
Yes I agree that the bike would have came with the best available at the time and yep things improve hence the flash upgrade. I just don't think it should be charged for. Technology has to be paid for and that's part of the price you pay when you purchase. I would agree with the payment if a bit had to be bolted on, say an upgraded or better abs unit but for a flash upgrade I don't agree.
Just to close, I don't have an HP4 only a mere 2012 S1k for the track so as I say no bitching here however I do have a Ducati Panigale and flash upgrades like this are done automatically by Ducati for free when bike is in for service.
So pay your ?300 and go have fun, I'm sure it will be worth it.

Back