Europe Trip

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty

Reaction score
Just back from a 2800 mile trip to Croatia and back via Germany, Austria, Slovenia, Italy, Switzerland, Liechtenstein, Belgium, France and Luxenbourg. Ten countries ten day's, it was literally a flying visit. The S1K held up brilliantly and came into it's own on the passes in Austria, okay could not use the power going through the really tight sections but it was a joy to ride. Needless to say I did not see another one on the route, mainly GS's and KTM's.

The iconic Stelvio pass, the North side is the older part and is very tight in places the South side shown is definitely more fun especially when you meet a dozen or so Porsche's up for a play :)

10557206_10204420352057982_2153985788428076892_n.jpg

How many went Rusty? sounds like a full on trip. :encouragement:

Stelvio pass, it looks great from the top but imo not so great to ride.

Have to agree with Phil about stelvio pass. Looks great but in actual fact, terrible to ride.

Eventually it was down to three of us who went, we did loads of passes can't even begin to remember them all however most know Stelvio. As mentioned the
South side was better more flowing, and not bad to ride (if you like hairpins).

The whole trip is shown here
14662692944_cd17d5255d_c.jpg

Twenty miles of twistie's by a river
14684283593_00173ab3b0_c.jpg

And lovely scenery and more twisties......

14684327253_e17b5baf98_c.jpg

Great trip! I've just come back from a 2,500 mile, 9 day trip, including the BMW Motorrad event in Garmisch P. Really great event, can definately recommend it! There's a few pics on my Alien6872 album, but I'll put a few more on shortly! I also did the Stelvio - the dodgy North side! Was an experience thats for sure! Quite a bit of snow still at the top. Bike never missed a beat.

Jealous......would really love to do something like this.....just need to get off my backside and make it happen!

Jealous......would really love to do something like this.....just need to get off my backside and make it happen!

Book the train ?80ish then get onto booking.com and books some pensions/hotels and off you go.

Book the train ?80ish then get onto booking.com and books some pensions/hotels and off you go.

Yeah i should really.....even do a long weekend trip to break myself in. Not sure if there are any clubs etc local to me so could be flying solo so have also thought about going on an organised tour somewhere. This thread has spurred me on to do something about it before the summer is over.

Or, an overnight crossing on the train is the same as a day trip, go for it mate just make sure you dont over do the daily mileage.

just make sure you dont over do the daily mileage.

Stevie76- That is by far the best advice for a trip. I did Italy and back in a week a few years ago, and missed most of the good roads. My only defence was that I was an invitee rather than an organiser, it was a bit shit all round. By contrast, last year spent 5 days based in andermatt and about 150 - 200 miles a day and it was brilliant.

Back