HP4 power kit

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

maddox

Hello everybody, my first post here :) I am not from the UK, but this is the only foreign forum I can ask this question at, my dealer is useless at this matter so I decided to try here.

I would like to upgrade an exhaust on my HP4 competition, I care for more sound (louder) and better performance with a new ECU however the exhaust cannot be too loud to meet the noise limits on german race tracks (102 or 98db) /I am not german btw:) /

I started looking into the BMW HP power kit, the BMW website says that the kit includes "racing exhaust", but my question is how is this exhaust different from the one I have on my bike from the factory? On my exhaust it says"titanium" which means it is the top of the line "evolution line akrapovic exhaust", which to my understanding cannot be upgraded into anything better :) So does that mean that the HP power kit will keep the stock muffler but only change the "Cat pipe"? Anybody knows the answer to that?

Also I can see the current "cat pipe" is blue colored, meaning it is titanium, but I cannot see under the fairing for the header pipes, do you know if they are titanium as well?

The whole exhaust on the HP4 is titanium, the difference in the Cat the race exhaust removes the Cat. You can purchase just the cat removal section from Alpha Racing in Germany.

thank you so much for this reply, this is exactly the answer I was looking for.

Back