Tank Bag

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unionjack

Reaction score
I was looking for a tank bag for the S nothing too big just enough to stash the essentials but the plastic tank limits choice somewhat. Other alternatives have straps everywhere so I wasn't keen. So I was looking through the official extras catalogue (worst thing you can do) and spotted a tank bag just for the S. My local dealer amazing had one in stock so I could have a proper look at it. I must say its a nice bit of kit with a decent mounting plate that doesn't look pants and a very simple attaching method. Its a bit rich though at £120 but sod it deals done. The tail packs not bad either if a slightly odd shape but I was still in shock so didn't go there.

unionjack link=topic=67.msg209#msg209 date=1310576002 said:
My local dealer amazing had one in stock so I could have a proper look at it. I must say its a nice bit of kit with a decent mounting plate that doesn't look pants and a very simple attaching method. Its a bit rich though at £120 but sod it deals done. The tail packs not bad either if a slightly odd shape but I was still in shock so didn't go there.

Could you post a few pics of it as I have been thinking of changing from the Baglux I have fitted at present

hedge

Here you go Hedge
CIMG0808.jpg

You get this natty ally plate that bolts on top of the tank cover.
CIMG0809.jpg

The bag then slots into the plate and is held in place at the front with a quick release strap.
CIMG0810.jpg

The bags about 5 litres capacity with a sealed phone compartment in the top. It doesn't get in the way of anything and is rock solid.

Cheers Union jack - very tidy indeed. That looks far better than the Baglux arrangement I have. Looks rock solid too.

Thanks

hedge

Yeah its a neat set up. It will only hold the essentials but I like to travel light. Plus its good for stuffing your ticket and euros in on the peage.

Do baglux make a tankbag for the S? and a tankcover too??
I had them on my RSV4 and thought they were great so was gonna try and use them again but haven't looked yet as i won't need anything till next year!!

Sweet! My dealer didn't tell me about this, only about the rear luggage... now I probably have to fork out a bit more! grrr!

Baglux make a tank cover and bag for the S it is not on their website but I phoned to ask. I bought the tank harness and used one of my old bags. Works OK but the colour was not quite right. If you have the motorrad colours or the grey I think you will be allright. I also have the BMW Tail pack - Let me tell you it is not waterproof. Came back from Gairloch on Sunday and could pour the rain out of the inner bag. Must say it was a bit wet - my mate said it was the worst thing he had ever done on a motorbike :-[

Yes i have seen the baglux tankcover since my last post, i will be having one of them for next year, im assuming that the tankbag is universal as they don't seem to be bike specific.

I have the tail pack and have used it twice. Both times it has failed miserably. Not Waterproof - use Plastic bags from Tesco or some other supermarket to wrap your gear in as it is the only way it will stay dry. Same inner design as the tank bag. The rear luggage moves when it gets wet. It is designed to grip the seat pad but when water gets between the luggage and the rear seat it tends to move. I am thinking of sticking anti slip on the curvature so it does not slip. On a more positive note I can confirm that the BMW reference to staying on at 137mph is quite conservative ;D ;D

Hedge

I looked at the tailpack at the same but deregarded it as no better than my Kreiga tail pack for fixing down. It was a funny shape as well. Agree the shape of the seat pad is pretty odd and doesn't help. I am going to persist with the Kreiga which is definately 100% waterproof or if I feel rich go for the Ventura system.

The Ventura system is superb, I have used it on my last two bikes and will be using it on the S1 as well.

hello
would somebody know if an iPhone 6 plus fits in the oem tank bag top recess for the gps/phone cradle?

thank you

Back