launch day!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian7

Reaction score
how many other forumistas are getting up early to get down to there local dealers tomorrow? (bmw dealer ;))
i had a test ride on the 2012 but i cancelled it yesterday.for 2 reasons.
1,its bloody cold,cant be arsed to go out on any bike let alone a lightning quick litre sports bike in this weather.
2,i already ordered my 2012 earlier in the week so there didnt seem much point!

so come on then,there must be a few of you who are keen to compare it to your own s1's?

if anybody does ride one tomorrow,i'd be interested to here your thoughts in comparing the 2 models.

im camping out with my sleeping bag... and by that i mean i will be mooching over tomorrow in the car ;D

Stargirl link=topic=451.msg3853#msg3853 date=1328302159 said:
im camping out with my sleeping bag... and by that i mean i will be mooching over tomorrow in the car ;D
did you book a test ride?
i might still go over for a look even though i cancelled my test ride.

ian7 link=topic=451.msg3854#msg3854 date=1328302274 said:
Stargirl link=topic=451.msg3853#msg3853 date=1328302159 said:
did you book a test ride?
i might still go over for a look even though i cancelled my test ride.

no, i bought my bike a few months back knowing all about the new one. no point. will go for a test ride when the weather improves.

Took one out on a test ride yesterday once the temperature had got above zero!! Found the new version to be much nimbler on bends and to steer at low speeds. The low down power is a definite bonus and acceration from lower speeds and rev is much quicker. I was so impressed I had a discussion with my dealer and got a good trade in for my 2011 one, so just waiting for delivery and more running in. Hope to see some of you at box hill once the weather warms up.

Stingray link=topic=451.msg4160#msg4160 date=1328731920 said:
Took one out on a test ride yesterday once the temperature had got above zero!! Found the new version to be much nimbler on bends and to steer at low speeds. The low down power is a definite bonus and acceration from lower speeds and rev is much quicker. I was so impressed I had a discussion with my dealer and got a good trade in for my 2011 one, so just waiting for delivery and more running in. Hope to see some of you at box hill once the weather warms up.

You worked all that out from a test in freezing conditions??? I'd be interested in how much you will lose on a trade in as i reckon 2K on a fully system,pcv & filter & new sprocket on your 11 would get you significatntly more power than just trading in for a 12 and you would still have money in your pocket.

Yes your about right on the numbers,but the handling is different and the traction control is much improved. My thoughts were also around insurance the cheapest quote I had was £700 and if I start to play with the tuning etc then I can only see it going up or am I wrong.

Can you REALLY tell that the handling is different??
Will improved TC make you shell out more than 2k??

I had a good natter with my local dealer yesterday about the differences... his view is that yes it does go into corners much quicker and stabler, the brakes are better and if you ride the 2011 model either directly before or after the 2012 model you will notice a difference.

But, if you ride them at different times you'd be hard pushed to tell.

I'm taking one out to play when the weather clears but that's more for fun as opposed to looking to buy. (I get on well with the dealer and I think he likes to get the bike out and about and seen with a woman riding it!)

The differences are so small,it won't make you faster lol plus some of the new changes don't look so good. The tail section isn't as nice IMHO,the side vents are reversed which I think looks odd,don't like the big numbers on the new clocks,the only thing I really like was the wind deflectors! Yeah you get quick action throttle,so I'm guessing you'll think it's faster lol Oh and the 2012 MS colours are nowhere near as nice as the 2010/11. Ill be keeping mine for a long time! I may buy a ducati soon,but that will be my cleaning toy lol

I think I need more than a great bike to make me faster!

It doesn't come in yellow though so was never going to be a go'er!

Back