HP4 front & rear springs replacement

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPFOUR

Reaction score
Has anyone replaced the springs in their HP4? The bike use 8.5 front and 9.5 rear apparently. I'm finding the front too soft under heavy brakes at the track and it's upsetting the geometry.

I've come across a coupe,of outfits that rebuild using your OEM suspension (Wilbers & Alpha) but they both require me to send them my OEM kit.

i'm thinking of just replacing the springs and oil. Wilbers recommend a 11 spring.

Anyone done this?

Seriously no-one? I can't be the only bloke over 16 stone riding one of these?

Just running mine in after 3 years with a 2010 model, 1st TD @ Cadwell on the 6 / 7 July and I'm 17 stone ;) need to know also

Just running mine in after 3 years with a 2010 model, 1st TD @ Cadwell on the 6 / 7 July and I'm 17 stone ;) need to know also

Glad someone responded, there doesn't seem to many HP4 owners that have done much. I'm going to top up the oil in the forks and put on a bit more pre-load and grit my teeth!

Will get Wilbers to rebuild front and back when I get a chance but will have to wait till next season I reckon. Doing my first race on 15th June.

This is the corner thats particularly giving me trouble, downhill double apex right-hander, about 120mph on the run in roughly. Certainly not Cadwelll!!

index.php

index.php

Very jealous you get to run at Cadwell - I'm based in Australia. We look forward to the BSB rounds there!

I have purchased front and rear Wilbers springs from Triple Tuning in Germany. Wilbers developed the OEM springs on the HP4.

I will report back when I have done a shakedown.

Back