I couldn't believe What Was Behind The Dealership

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Photo%2024-05-2014%2014%2002%2031.jpg

I think if I was the one that ordered this I'd be a bit upset that it was left in the wet. Knowing this dealership, I wouldn't be surprised to see it there Tuesday morning.

Don't see anything wrong with that. It's only a little rain.

Shit, it will go rusty ! Ah no it is meant to get wet it's a motor bike.

apparently not according to park lane, that why my screws have rusted as there lightweight and not made for the rain???

apparently not according to park lane, that why my screws have rusted as there lightweight and not made for the rain???

lol my dealer has said same thing. "oh the excessive wear and tear on your bike is because you ride it all year, its not built for the rain"

I don't remember that 'dry riding only' being mentioned in the small print anywhere.

lol my dealer has said same thing. "oh the excessive wear and tear on your bike is because you ride it all year, its not built for the rain"
I had a similar remark from a guy on a BMW stand at the NEC nov 2009 when they 1st showed the S thou, he said 'heated grips are not an option as this bike is not meant for all year riding and the purchasers will only ride in the summer'.
I still bought one but complained like hell to BMW (back in 2010).

It seems to be a common said thing then from dealers and BMW to say. In essence "We've built a poor quality bike that falls apart when it gets wet"

Well when a dealer is rather surprised that I rode in the rain to get it serviced, that should of sounded alarm bells!

Back