Slippy seat

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carbonara

Reaction score
Anyone else find the seat on the HP4 slippy? Under heavy braking I leave two spherical imprints on my tank......anyone tried any grippy seat covers or other things?

Yeah it was the first thing I noticed, I had the same on my Fireblade, I got a leather zero gravity seat for that and it was great. But they don't do them for the Beemer. It might be worth having the seat covered in leather.

Anyone else find the seat on the HP4 slippy? Under heavy braking I leave two spherical imprints on my tank......anyone tried any grippy seat covers or other things?

No, not really. It's needs to have some slip qualities to be able to move across the seat, being a sports bike 'n all.

Grip the tank with your knees properly? If the tank is too slippy, use stomp grips or techspec tank pads to give you better grip. Pretty sure you'd need a velcro seat to stop you slipping forward if you're not using your legs properly - and that'd just mean your leathers would mash the old plums :)

Just my opinion but the hp4 design looks wrong on the bike pictured, the standard s1krr seat covers look much nicer. Have you got one Ian?

No i havn't to be honest, just got the standard seat on my HP4 and its fine for me. I find it really comfortable and it allows me to move around on the bike when i need to.

just got the standard seat on my HP4 and its fine for me. I find it really comfortable and it allows me to move around on the bike when i need to.

Same here, would have been interesting getting a review on one of those seats, but I'm unlikely to be changing.

Back