Stolen again....tracker helps

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabiettoboxe

Reaction score
Hi people, yesterday I had my bike stolen... Again... Second time in 4 months (lime house London)
First one (2011 model) was mi be stupid and naive , I left it on a normal car park with only a disc lock so it disappeared .
Yesterday my second one ( 2012 model withe and red) was park in a underground car park(Westminster London) with surveillance ..., it was chained (abus plus)) to a big metal rail but this time with a tracker on it ( road angel bike track). I work 300 meters away so when the tracker company called to alert me I went there and it was gone again.... We could see were the signal was so in about 1 hour my friend went there to investigate ( I had to stay with the police going through the procedure....) and they found it in a estate car park with a cover on it.
I have to say that the track is effective , obviestlely the bike get damaged( steering lock,key block,wiring and fairings) as we know but it has not been ridden so we still loose out in terms of insurance renewal but at least I got it back.
The ccv camera got the thief's faces and police found the van they've used but this f.....s know even how much time they have to operate undisturbed before some one would come, by the way a big thanks to my friends ho look around properly I don't know if the police would have found it as the tracker signal has got an area of about 30 meters or more around spot reported .
I would like to hear your say about the tracker system, thanks fabiettoboxe

what made you choose the abus plus, they're not a great chain, did they cut your actual chain, the lock, or the rail?

not much will stop a grinder, or determined thieves . where ever you go there'll always be an asshole. glad to see the tracker worked.

A friends bike was stolen recently, chained via front wheel to a post, disclock and steering lock.

CCTV caught the act. 2 guys, one big built motherfucka lifted the front of bike, his mate put bricks under under forks, took front wheel out, slid a replacement they had bought with them in and pushed it away, took them 1:34s. Was only a £1100 TL1000s

A friends bike was stolen recently, chained via front wheel to a post, disclock and steering lock.

CCTV caught the act. 2 guys, one big built motherfucka lifted the front of bike, his mate put bricks under under forks, took front wheel out, slid a replacement they had bought with them in and pushed it away, took them 1:34s. Was only a £1100 TL1000s

Impressive, scum actually pre plan stuff.

Saw a video a while ago where a guy had used an almax chain (which I highly recommend) to secure his bike to a lamp post, and the fuckers cut the lamp post down.

Back