Ride Height

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carbonara

Reaction score
Adjusted ride height with the spacer kit provided, to max height +3mm from 0 as it came from the factory. The manual says it comes with the 1.5 mm spacer kit fitted - but yet another error in the manual, I can't believe how bad the manual is, so many errors in it........anyway back to ride height, it feels much better for me (6ft) with this additional height from the floor.
Made new preload adjustments front and rear, need a good ride out now to test fully before starting on the damping......oh and by the way, replace the spacers when the bike is cold otherwise they are hard to remove and replace when hot as some thermal expansion takes place........as I found out, another five minute job took an hour.!

I can't believe how bad the manual is, so many errors in it........

To be fair, your bike has arrived from the twilight zone so all bets are off.... :)

I'd like to meet up with you at some point, I was thinking of adjusting the rear ride height as it is supposed to make turning in even quicker (not that it is slow now). So it would be good to see how you have got on and get some tips before I have go myself.

Latest posts

Back