sat nav

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian7

Reaction score
anybody got a satnav mounted on there s1?
ive got an arm that connects with a ball and socket joint to the clip on,this system worked fine on my cbr 600rr but the s1 doesnt have any spare room on the clip on.
anybody got one mounted that could share some pics?
cheers

I've got a RAM mount that fits inside the hollow stem nut. Very useful on any bike with the same setup.

unionjack link=topic=433.msg3602#msg3602 date=1327870492 said:
I've got a RAM mount that fits inside the hollow stem nut. Very useful on any bike with the same setup.
cheers,my current system on the 600rr is a ram one,ill check there website.
can you still see the dash screen with it fitted?

I found mine would start rotating so I cut the rubber cone down a bit more allowing it to squish out more when tighten now it doesn't shift.

Yeah mine rotated, but I must have trim the rubber bung too fine in the first place. Couldn't find anyone who would sell a complete new tapered bung (to start over again).

The phone holder I got with the RAM mount didn't suit the RR anyway (more suited to clip around the handle bar if there was any room).

Happy with the new fitting.

IMG_0142.jpg

This was my solution.

all good info lads.
how are you getting your power supply,do you just connect directly to the battery?
sorry for the stupid questions,just trying to get a head start before my s1 arrives in march. 8)

Just hard wire it to the battery. Easy enough, as I hardwired mine at the dealership for my ride back to England from Germany. The seat was the hardest thing to get off, when you get it or visit the dealer you'll see why. With practice it gets easier removing/installing the seat.

I bought a plug for the socket thats just inside the right hand fairing, almost behind the roundel. connected sat nav lead to the plug, easy to take on and off. Much better than going all way to battery.

unionjack link=topic=433.msg3686#msg3686 date=1328034326 said:
G where did you get the plug from? Sounds like a good pick up point for some heated grips.

From the BMW dealers.

Godzilla link=topic=433.msg3680#msg3680 date=1328005959 said:
I bought a plug for the socket thats just inside the right hand fairing, almost behind the roundel. connected sat nav lead to the plug, easy to take on and off. Much better than going all way to battery.
is it possible to connect an opti mate to this plug to charge the battery? or is there already a socket allocated for this?

I wouldnt connect an optimate to that socket, would go directly to battery instead.

Back