Knox Gloves

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren jones

Reaction score
Hi all what are your opinions on the Knox Handroid and Biomech gloves as looking into buying a pair

The handroids i have are great, only problem i've had is that i have the levers set quite close to the bars, and when moving my fingers from round the bar to over the lever, the plastic bits on the back of the fingers sometimes caugh the levers. easily fixed by moving the levers out a click.

The plastic knuckle shield is a bit flimsy(I lost one somehow!)but still a good glove.But they are quite bulky and,I prefer my RST's!

Got them,wear them,love them......no problems....but also lost the poorly secured plastic thingys on the back of the hands- superglue the fixings maybe - but mine did about 10k road miles and about 20 trackday days so forgiven.....

Theyre great. Had mine a couple of seasons now and still perfect. two mates have bought these as well. Buy them a tadge tight though as they'll stretch to fit you - like a glove ;)

The sizing of them seems off to me, mine are xxl when I normally wear L, armour wise they look the most protective I have ever owned and are reasonably comfortable but the blade on the back of the hand on mine is also a loose fit so will be glued in. Not as comfy as my alpinestar gloves.

Handdroid Best glove I have ever worn! Buy them a little tight and let them stretch

Last edited:
The little palm slider thingy is wearing the grip flange end thingy away after 600 miles. Apart from that they're fine, but they defo need time to bed in and stretch.

Anyone been down the Tarmac with these on? I've read the seams are not very strong and the mechanism for the cuff closing can impact tendons during an off which is a bit of a design flaw? Just saying...

Forget these, the best gloves are Held.

Got a pair of their winter gloves and they are very good. I'm off to buy some new summer / racing / armoured gloves tomorrow and they will almost certainly also be held.

Forget these, the best gloves are Held.

Well, nothing like a well delivered and quantifiable sweeping superlative.....
Forgotten !!
Ps I don't subscribe to the "I've got them ,therefore,they are the best" school of thought, I do my own homework ,make my own choice and part with my own money - don't force the opinion on anyone else- good reports,with certain areas of concern,but having tested many types over the years : Dainese,Alpinestars,Racer,RST-free from Track Day company I work with and very good, tried these and found them pretty much ideal. No personal crash test experiences but know several who have and faired no worse than any of the above - apparently.

I've been down with these gloves. Low side, those scaphoid sliders are slick as he'll. I tried to slow my slide putting my palms down but they just slid easily along the Tarmac. The boa puck slid also but nothing on my hand was hurt. I lost the plastic stingray clip on top of one of the gloves. I think the older handroid is a little more comfortable than the newer design. I had to buy a new set after the slide and the newer version didn't feel the same. I went for a long ride recently and found the thumb seam was bother my right thumb. The seam seems to protrude a little to much and is putting pressure on my thumb.

I spent a while in get geared yesterday looking at new gloves. My criteria is maximum protection with good feeling and movement.

it was obvious looking at the Knox gloves that the outside seam design was begging to be a weak point, but I guess Knox know their stuff, just doesn't seem right to me. The plastic back of hand design to stop overextension just did not work when I put them on. I've got plenty of Knox armour products and love their tech, but the gloves just don't do it for me.

although this thread is a Knox question I thought this may be useful: I was impressed by the alpine stars gp pro gloves (not normally an AS fan, too blingy and not convinced about quality control) and the Held Titans. Both offered armour / padding in the critical areas and were supple enough for track / sport riding. The alpine stars were more comfortable, but the Titans had that little bit more armour. It is clearly a case of you get what you pay for. Looking at all the gloves, as the price increased so did the level of protection offered. I'll buy the titans when the store gets the right colour size combination in for me.

i must say the get geared shop in Leeds is very good. The guy I spent ages with yesterday showed me his gp pro gloves he'd had a fast high side at Cadwell on recently, so we could see how the gloves had performed in an off (very well tbh). Top service.

bought some the palm split , had them replaced and the palm split again at the sticthes.
the fact that such an important part is a weak point put me off so i bought some A*'s as a replacement

Guys, I have handroids and like you lose the small white spoiler on the back, but if you give Knox a bell they give replacements free, also love the gloves

Back