BMW Motorrad Days

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alien6872

Reaction score
Planning a trip to this event in Southern Germany, in July and just wondered if anybody had been to this event before and if so could give me any feedback / advice? We're there any roads in the the area that you could recommend? Cheers.

All the roads around there are great, fish in barrel.

loads of bikes, thousands, really good event but if you are booking accommodation nearby I'd get in quick, the place fills. I'd recommend staying around Lake Constance if you don't want to camp at the bmw site, beautiful place.

That's great many thanks for the info! I've actually already booked a guest house in Austria about 9 miles from Garmisch as like you say accommodation was starting to book up!

I get the ferry home from Saint Malo, so heading to Dijon for one night (Monday 7th) and then Dinan.

Are you going just to the event then, or doing some touring beforehand?

are you having a full day to get to Dijon? Great roads if you go south, the road around Lake Constance is very slow, nice scenery, but terrible if you need to cover some miles, I'd avoid.

Last edited:
Heading to Munich on Thursday 3rd as I want to go to BMW museum. There's supposed something going on there's aswell before the BMW days event starts on the Friday. Then hoping I can ride in the direction of Garmisch on the Friday with some other bikers maybe?? Are you thinking about going soofsayer?

Hi, no I'm not going. I went last year. You'll probably meet riders at Munich who are going. Pretty much every bike you'll see in that area will be going. I expect everyone at your accommodation will be going. It is a huge event. You'll have a great experience.

Back