Maybe moving from the Dark Side

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

biggsjo

I currently run a 2012 HRC Fireblade which i love and find really easy to ride, however, last weekend I stopped off at my local bike stop and saw 2 S1000RR's parked up that looked absolutely gorgeous!! It set me thinking about a change as my bike is 18 months old and rather than have another Honda the BM really looked the dogs. What are they like (honest opinions please), what is the best year and colour, what spec is best and is there anywhere on this forum where bikes are for sale. I live in Oxfordshire and will try and get a test ride on one over the weekend.
Look forward to some "positive" feedback and suggestions. John

Welcome to the forum...
S1000RR is a great bike. Not as smooth as the jap bikes though. i find at low revs the engine can sound a bit rough - thats my only criticisim.

I have both in my family, and have ridden both back to back, when you jump off one and straight onto the other you get some surprising feedback. The weight of the Beemer feels like a 600 sports bike, and very flickable. The blade feels heavy in the steering compared to the Beemer, the brakes on the Beemer are far better. Don't know yet about the build quality of the Beemer as only just got it, Beemer is definately quicker than the blade, and a more comfy ride. And the electronics on the Beemer leave all jap bikes standing.

Being a S1000RR forum opinions may be a little biased so to add a little balance I would say the ZX10R's electronics are as good as the beemer. Build quality on all bikes bar ironically ducati has gone backwards over the last decade or so.

I would say the ZX10R's electronics are as good as the beemer.

I would agree here with the 2013/14 models of ZX10R but the electronics on the 2011 when I test rode it compared to the BMW sucked.

Kawa have also just improved there electronics even more on the 14 so might even surpass the BMW now.

Back