Bar end vibes

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Explorer

Reaction score
First run out today on the HP4, terrible vibration through bars at 4000rpm, so bad it gave me a numb hand. I'm going to try heavier bar ends to see if that stops it. Anybody else get this ?

Not really. I thought the bike would feel smoother than it is but used to it now, not causing a problem.

Same here but the trick is to not keep it round the 4K range :glee: then this is kinda hard to whilst knocking about town and staying on the right side of the law.

I slackened of engine mounts and suspension bolts and clipons and re torqued them all back up and that helped a bit

Thanks guys, I'll see what heavier bar ends do, this is the first bike I've had that does this. It will have to be solved as it's bordering on dangerous, my hand was completely numb could not feel anything.

Fitted new motivation bar ends today, they have improved the vibes, in that they have moved them from the 4000rpm to 3000rpm. Well I suppose that's a start, new bar ends twice the weight of original ones.

Back