Lightech chain adjusters

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmer137

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if the lighttech chain adjusters (or 4racing) listed for the S1000RR fit the HP4. My dealer says the part codes for the spindle assembly are different but has anyone fitted these or similar?

Can anyone tell me if the lighttech chain adjusters (or 4racing) listed for the S1000RR fit the HP4. My dealer says the part codes for the spindle assembly are different but has anyone fitted these or similar?

Know you already have your answer, but just fitted mine too, took about 15 mins max...

Attachments

• Lightech Chain Adjuster.jpg
    Lightech Chain Adjuster.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 85
Steve they look nice, wish you hadn't got blue, can't decide whether to get blue or black now ?

What colour did you go for ? Any chance of a pic when fitted. Thanks.

Ive got the black ones. Personal taste was that the blue ones were too much blue on the bike and black suited it more. I will post pics when I've fitted them but just noticed the rear axle bolt is 100nm and my wrench only goes up to 80nm so bugger. Will have to wait until next week now. Tbh they'll look the same as stevies.

Last edited:
Fitted the 4racing adjusters this morning after a quick trip to halfords for the wrench and socket.

hmmm, in my opinion they are 'ok'. No click on the adjusters but easy enough to align correctly with the scale measurements.

I watched a YouTube video before doing this and the most invaluable advice was to put something under the wheel to support it when the axle comes out, saved me a lot of messing about.

F7A17C0A-FE5A-439F-827D-078134AB37B8_zpswk24ry7k.jpg

423B078D-2319-4DEC-B860-1DBCDF89F704_zpsumx3xum2.jpg

worth £160 for the adjusters, £85 for the wrench and socket? Not sure, using the oems would have been fine.

also, to adjust the chain you need to release the lock nut and then the grub screw, both need tools, so not the best solution.

I'll just throw a little warning in here just in case it can help anyone.

I purchased a set of adjusters from Mad Moto or madmotopart on Ebay. They are essentially a Chinese rip off of Lightech.
On receiving them I thought they were ok. On fitting them I found that the washer on the nut side crushes the vernier scale rendering it useless. Beyond that the hole in the adjuster that takes the spindle should be smaller on the nut side than the other side. This is because the adjusters make contact on the narrower threaded part of the spindle not the smooth wide part of the spindle as on the other side. On these copies both holes are the same diameter on each side making the nut side hole about 5mm to big. This means that the spindle on the nut side rattles about in the hole making proper adjustment / alignment impossible.
On contacting the company, as you would expect, zero response.
I replaced them with Lightech ones and the difference is immediately obvious. None of the above problems and a quality piece of kit. They are expensive but the do what it says on the tin so to speak.
Regards
Davy

I'll just throw a little warning in here just in case it can help anyone.

I purchased a set of adjusters from Mad Moto or madmotopart on Ebay. They are essentially a Chinese rip off of Lightech.
On receiving them I thought they were ok. On fitting them I found that the washer on the nut side crushes the vernier scale rendering it useless. Beyond that the hole in the adjuster that takes the spindle should be smaller on the nut side than the other side. This is because the adjusters make contact on the narrower threaded part of the spindle not the smooth wide part of the spindle as on the other side. On these copies both holes are the same diameter on each side making the nut side hole about 5mm to big. This means that the spindle on the nut side rattles about in the hole making proper adjustment / alignment impossible.
On contacting the company, as you would expect, zero response.
I replaced them with Lightech ones and the difference is immediately obvious. None of the above problems and a quality piece of kit. They are expensive but the do what it says on the tin so to speak.
Regards
Davy

thanks Davy.

im sending these back for exactly the issues you describe. When I was fitting them earlier I thought the washers were a bit shit, and the alignment was ok but there was movement in the wheel, which is what you are describing.

oems going back on for now.

Back