HP4 for 2015 ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Explorer

Reaction score
Was browsing on the American S1000rr site, there is a thread stating a BMW dealer has said the HP4 will cease production in 2014 and will not be available in 2015, also that the UK has had there entitlement and no further orders will be taken this year.
Cant seem to find anything to back this up on the net, anybody heard anything ?

When it first came out BMW said they were only making 250 in total, I know that number increased several times due to demand. So I wouldn't be surprised if that was true.

When it first came out BMW said they were only making 250 in total.

I hadn't heard that one.

The HP4 is a limited 2 year production 2013 - 14. Numbers for the UK were approx 550 per year split between the carbon and non carbon versions, I suspect more carbons as they are much more popular for road users.

But yes, there will be no more made after 2014 (unless BMW change their mind and piss off everyone who has bought one to date). As you've bought one I'd have thought the dealer would have made you aware of that, afterall, that's partly why people have been buying them up. Not a very good sales job.

The S1000RR is due an update in 2015. I think you will find that DDC will be an option like it is on the S1000R and posibly cruse controll, we will all have to wait and see. There will be no HP4's built after 2014 as they are a limited edition.

The S1000RR is due an update in 2015. I think you will find that DDC will be an option like it is on the S1000R and posibly cruse control.

My thoughts too and pretty much what my dealer said last year. I think that's why the MY14 s1000rr are being sold with some cracking deals to shift em.

Back