Advice on rearset location

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpedge

Reaction score
I’m just shy of 6’2 and am getting to grips with wrapping myself round the top of this bike unlike the way I plonk my but on the GS. The comp has full adjustable rearsets so would like to have a play to see if I can make my riding position a little more comfortable. My knees hurt like hell after a few hours on the bike. Been tabbing about and jumping out of trucks for the last 17 years, so my knees are not as good as they used to be. Where have you tall fellas have the rearsets positioned?

Secondly if I move the pegs I will need to reposition the gear selector, it’s already too high. I had a look on the tinterweb and peps report that I should not mess with the quickshifter rod. The bike manual states that the connector rod from the leaver needs to be a specific length. So if I’m not able to adjust either how do I get the lever in the right location?

I fitted the BMW rearsets to my 2014 S1000RR but have kept them pretty much neutral. I read the instructions for the rearsets which say you can adjust the gear lever. Where the rod connects to the engine pull the rubber grommit back and disconnect it from the actual gear selector on the engine. Then by either screwing that end of the selector rod in or out will raise the gear lever up or down.

Don't know if I've explained that very well, hopefully makes sense.

there are also two seat options that will help you BMW make a HP seat it is 2cm higher than stock but is ment for the race track it has no padding or the Wunderlich ergo seat high wich is also 2cm higher than stock and is more comfortable than the stock seat. If you have aftermarket rear sets run them in the lowest and further towards the the rear of your bike it will relax both your hips and knees, follow this link to see to the bike ergo site to see what asjustments will help

Back