Security??

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJUK

Reaction score
Just wondering what everyone uses to keep their pride and joy safe?

I have a disc lock on the back, steering lock on and a oxford chain through the front tyre of the s1000 and rear tyre of two other bikes and a ground anchor with the padlock that has an alarm.

Now I see a problem with the chain, and that is that it's not all covered by material, so when I put it through the front wheel it's going to scratch. Has anyone found a way to avoid this or get around it?

Dom

The Oxford monster chains came wrapped in a cloth material for most of it to avoid scratching. Think they probably still do.

As for security measures, much the same as you particularly paranoid as years ago I had a bike stolen from me.

protector-19-700w_350x300.jpg

Yeah think I need to pull my material towards the end that I put through the s1000 front wheel.

I've got a heavy duty oxford chain like pictured above, but I used electrical tape to wrap up the 2 loops on the end where the metal isn't covered, so now it doesn't chip the wheels when putting it through.

its the alarm that p*sses me off though, everytime I want to do something like washing it the alarm sets itself and it always gos off! I have to keep turning the ignition on and off.

I've got a heavy duty oxford chain like pictured above, but I used electrical tape to wrap up the 2 loops on the end where the metal isn't covered, so now it doesn't chip the wheels when putting it through.

its the alarm that p*sses me off though, everytime I want to do something like washing it the alarm sets itself and it always gos off! I have to keep turning the ignition on and off.
Mate, you can disable the alarm with the fob to allow you to wash/work on the bike. Think its in the handbook and its ' Valet mode'. You press the left hand button on the fob whilst the alarms setting after turning off the ignition and you get a couple of beeps and alarms off.

Last edited:
Have mine tracked, it's motion sensed so they notify me pretty quickly if i move it without disarming it first.

Your brave! Unless it's locked in your house or something?

Same as Andy. In Garage at night (if I can be bothered) but when out and about, nowt.

As Soof said, its mustard yellow, who the hells going to want to nick it

Back