new map

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farebro

Reaction score
hi all

one of the guys has said there will be a new map soon for better fueling and TC to match the new model.

any one heard this??

it would be nice if bmw did release a new map to get the punch this bike need in bottom/middle rpm range....i can hope atleast,,,

I would guess most of the 'new punch' has come from the gearing change on 2012 models, rather than a remap. ;)

Flowerpower link=topic=407.msg3899#msg3899 date=1328388431 said:
I asked this question today at BMW T/Wells and they said no! But I do know that if you contact Dave at HM Racing he can reprogram them to a custom map for you.

I didn't think you could re-program the stock brain and that a power commander was the only option...? :eek:

I'm told that you can? But not sure of the details exactly. But I do know that it was being altered in BSB for less top end, better midrange and how the t/c was kicking in. protests were raised due to it not being as original.

It is possible to re-programme a bikes ECU. When I had the ZZR 1400 a couple of other owners had their ECUs remapped at a place near Peterborough with what seemed better results than I got with a PC. I should imagine though its easier with the PC.

the power commander just allows the user to interchange the maps making it easier to do.
reprogramming an ecu i would expect to be quite hard :(

Back