Lotus C-01

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossHarper

Reaction score
I'm sure most of you have seen this, it's been around the web alot last 2 weeks. But thought I'd share for the few who haven't.
07-lotus-c-01.jpg

09-lotus-c-01.jpg

It is pure sex on wheels, with brembo brakes, Ohlins suspension, Carbon/Titanium mix frame, KTM 1195cc Vtwin engine putting out 200bhp and weighing in at 180kg. All for a mere $137,000.

However, is it just me that thinks its to much style of subtance. The seat is tiny with very little at back of seat to stop you sliding when accelerating, you'd have to ruin the looks with tank grips because there's no where to hold knees too. Anything past 70mph and you'd have to work out at gym daily to hold on due to lack of windscreen. The seat is to low which will make it hard to get weight over the front for grip going into corners. Wouldn't want to wear sunday best leathers as your back would appear to be the mud guard. Looks to be lacking indicators so no good on UK roads. And it doesn't look to easy to change the oil filter on either.

Can't see these being ridden much, I think they are only making 100, they will probably go into private collections.

It's a lovely bit of sculpture, but as Explorer says, not much chance of getting a leggy example in a few years. Perhaps okay for a tootle round the streets of Monaco, but that's about all.

So, sculpture - pretty, but useless.

Thanks for the pics Ross, I hadn't seen this. I completely agree with your comments.

I'm sure most of you have seen this, it's been around the web alot last 2 weeks. But thought I'd share for the few who haven't.
Thanks for sharing Ross, looks stunning!

Have to disagree about the lack of height for the seat, I dont think you need a lot of weight over the front for grip going into corners. A balanced bike is what works best.

Back