Another HP4 Insurance question

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HP44

Reaction score
Hi everyone, Im after some insurance companies other than MCE and BMWs own insurance (Alliance) that will insure a HP4. I am 39 with full NCB and a clean licence with the bike in a locked garage in a decent post code but MCE quoted £300 fully comp which is good apart from the £1400 excess! BMW quoted £566 with a £750 excess. I guess what Im looking for is around £300 with a normal £200 to £300 excess. Any ideas?

Cheers

For a small fee MCE will insure your excess so as you have £0 excess to pay, I think I paid about £40 for a £700 excess for 16 months.

I paid the small fee. Was around 50quid to cover my 1400 excess. Mines not a HP4 mind you though.

I've just taken an MCE policy out for my 2014 S1K but it has a high excess. I didn't know I could pay a fee to get rid of it, do you know if it's something I can do even though the policy has been arranged and paid for?

Don't know ring and ask, if they say no complain that it was not offered in the first place.

For a small fee MCE will insure your excess so as you have £0 excess to pay, I think I paid about £40 for a £700 excess for 16 months.
Thanks Rusty I will ring them today. That' s a relief, as the excess seemed at bit....excessive!

Update on the actual price paid....£457 fully comp with a whopping £2000 excess! The £457 includes a £80 insurance policy to bring the £2000 down to £0, but that is only if the bike is written off, if not there is still an £250 excess. Oh and if I am unfortunate enough to bin my bike and it needs repairing it will be done at MCE's approved repairer NOT a BMW dealer garage.

Bloody insurance companies! Glad its over till next year and hopefully then I can get a better deal.

Update on the actual price paid....£457 fully comp with a whopping £2000 excess! The £457 includes a £80 insurance policy to bring the £2000 down to £0, but that is only if the bike is written off, if not there is still an £250 excess. Oh and if I am unfortunate enough to bin my bike and it needs repairing it will be done at MCE's approved repairer NOT a BMW dealer garage.

Bloody insurance companies! Glad its over till next year and hopefully then I can get a better deal.

phew.....just heard my HP4 Carbon should be in within the week so guessed I best sort transferring the insurance from my '12 S1K.....

43yrs old, clean license, full no claims....etc etc and so far no company will quote online and Go Compare came up with the following bull 5hit

Hi Darren,

Thanks for visiting Gocompare.com to search for your bike insurance.

We hope you found the right policy for you. For your records, below is the best price your search returned. If you would like to view this policy, please click on the 'view quotes' button.

Your best price is: £5500.13**

fuc5 off!!!!!

so to see many of you have had realistic quotes has made my day....PHEW!!!

phew.....just heard my HP4 Carbon should be in within the week so guessed I best sort transferring the insurance from my '12 S1K.....

43yrs old, clean license, full no claims....etc etc and so far no company will quote online and Go Compare came up with the following bull 5hit

Hi Darren,

Thanks for visiting Gocompare.com to search for your bike insurance.

We hope you found the right policy for you. For your records, below is the best price your search returned. If you would like to view this policy, please click on the 'view quotes' button.

Your best price is: £5500.13**

fuc5 off!!!!!

so to see many of you have had realistic quotes has made my day....PHEW!!!

Back