Insurance

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Explorer

Reaction score
Looking round for insurance for HP4 carbon, not sure what to expect but just had a quote from MCE £177 fully comp ? Is this good or average ?

How long is a piece of string? far too many variables involved when getting quotes, age, location, points, licence held, NCB, mods, etc. etc.

Looking round for insurance for HP4 carbon, not sure what to expect but just had a quote from MCE £177 fully comp ? Is this good or average ?

pmsl....... my first year with no ncb was 1600 my renewal with 1 years ncb was 500, so from my perspective that sounds bloody good.

That's soooo cheap for a £20k bike. Mine was £1k. Does sound too cheap IMO. I'd check they've got it right.

Yeah that sounds great , i wouldnt even shop around if that was right!!!
sheeeeeeesssh I get a right dry bumming off the insurance company , year in year out

Sounds too cheap to me unless you have it on a zero mileage deal to be kept in a heated garage purely for bragging rights.

I'm coming off a Fireblade which I was paying £250 fully comp, I've been with MCE before, so I think I will take this offer, can't see it getting cheaper than this.

I'm coming off a Fireblade which I was paying £250 fully comp, I've been with MCE before, so I think I will take this offer, can't see it getting cheaper than this.

Id like to know how you get on. I *think* the reason my premium was so high was because the policy provided a new bike in the first year if there was a total loss. I thought that was always the case with new cars and bikes. Will your policy do the same? If so it's an unbelievable price, and I'm switching.

I would just make sure that they have got your and bikes details correct previously £250 and 30% less for a bike than is worth more than twice !! Doesn't stake up to me. The last thing you want is a clam being refused. I'm the MCE - old duff clean licence max no claims very low risk area an I'm paying more than £177 for a normal S1000rr.

My insurance is with MCE, I was quoted £361 for a HP4 carbon for the year which given I've a Manchester postcode I didn't think was that bad.
Couple of things to watch out with MCE though:

1. The excess is usually failrly horendous, mine's 1500 quid. My first 4 bikes didn't even cost that to buy. So I had to take out excess insurance, added another £60
2. If you go direct to their site rather than a comparison site you get 15 months....but the price goes up 25% so no saving.

By the time I'd done is was just over £500, BMW were quoting me double that so it was a no brainer.
but £177 does seem like a mistake to me.

My insurance is with MCE, I was quoted £361 for a HP4 carbon for the year which given I've a Manchester postcode I didn't think was that bad.

1. The excess is usually failrly horendous, mine's 1500 quid. My first 4 bikes didn't even cost that to buy. So I had to take out excess insurance, added another £60
2. If you go direct to their site rather than a comparison site you get 15 months....but the price goes up 25% so no saving.

By the time I'd done is was just over £500, BMW were quoting me double that so it was a no brainer.

BMW quoted me £450 for my new HP4 Carbon and my existing (2011) K1300GT together, wasn't getting any sense out of other insurance co's, they didn't want to know the HP4. (Have 9yrs NC). Seemed a no brainer for me, so I took it.

Hi Keithd32, who is the excess insurance with? I have had a similar quote from MCE £300 with a £1400 excess! I have only been able to get 2 companies to quote the HP4, MCE and BMW!

cheers

Back