Crash bungs

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnboy

Reaction score
Hey,
My bike is coming this sat yipeeeeeeee & i've decided to fit some bungs/bobbins whatever you want to call them.
I've been looking at the R&G tear drop ones as they look fairly unobtrusive, just wondered if anyone has fitted these and what they think of them?
Cheers

Sounds like someone is excittteeedd lol don't blame you!! As for crash bungs I think the R & G ones are smart looking but any "crash bung" is worth there weight in gold when used. As for fitting?? I don't know

Cheers - im going to put some on cos i dropped my blade at about 5miles an hr on diesel which did a fair bit of damage so just think that something should be better than nothing. Not expecting them to work wonders at a ton plus spill just a bit of extra insurance if history repeats

Have just ordered the R&G teardrop race bungs so will update what they're like when they arrive. Fitting supposed to take "20 mins" watch this space!

I would suggest fitting some engine protectors as well. I've seen a couple of dropped Ss and the crank ends always touch down first and they are £150 per side.

I had the R&G ones, but didnt like the look of them so swapped them for the Gilles ones, which ave a spring in, I suppose to absorbe some energy.

I like the look od the GB racing ones which have just come out.

r+g crash bungs seem to bend alot and usually mark the frame,and we all know soon as frame is dented marked,the bike is a right off anyway,deffo invest in some gb racing engine covers but for crash bungs you be better off buying some used mint side fairings second hand,i got the white r+g aero ones and they are fitted on mine but in all honest they are only any good for low speed crash's in my opinion.......

+1 Buzz on the bungs. You'll like the GB casing savers, they are very solid bits of kit well made and fit perfectly.

Back