HP4 Cleaning

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpedge

Reaction score
I've been out 5 times on the bike since I got it and I have washed it 5 times. Salt killed the nice bits of my GS and I don't want it to do the same to the HP4. I find that the belly pan fills with water and does not drain out unless I walk the bike forward a few steps and jam on the front breaks. The pan has a small hole front and back but it pools in the middle. Does this problem go away when a rear paddock stand is used?

And are any of you using a leaf blower to dry the bike. I find that no matter how much I dry it there is always a puddle in the garage.

Not got my HP4 yet but i use pet dryer to dry my GSXR.....the bit on the GSXR that hold the water a lot is the rad so i normally spend a bit longer on that and then dont end up with any water in the garage. Tend to stick mine mine on the rear stand and let the engine run with the bike in 1st also just to get any water out of the chain.

There is a rubber plug in the belly pan to drain the water. Best way to find it is to feel for it from the inside and push it out. It is in the middle about 6 inches from the back. Took me a while to spot it.

i use a dry cycle blower system to dry the bike and it does a good job. Bought it years ago and very good. Blows warm air so evaporates as well. From Scandinavia.

Thanks for the info, I ended up getting a Pooch Dry O Mac from fleebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-DOG-D...ER-/121261470526?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

The one I use would be too powerful and noisy for drying an animal. It is more powerful than my petrol leaf blower.

I've got a feeling it isn't for sale anymore as the only place I can see it for sale is out of stock, I did buy it 5 years ago, had to order it from abroad and pay import taxes. Back then I think it was around £300. I originally got it for the KR as that bike is a nightmare to dry with rags.

Did you find the drain plug in the belly pan?

And are any of you using a leaf blower to dry the bike. I find that no matter how much I dry it there is always a puddle in the garage.

Guilty as charged - works a treat assuming that you have a fairly decent output on the blower, Snowfoam, jet, blow dry, 10-15 mins job done as good as a valet.

Working away from home, will check for belly pan plug over wknd

I use a ATOM motorcycle & car dryer , readily available from amazon , about £60.00 , well built and powerfull , and i dont let the girlfriend into the house again untill she gets it totally dry.

I use a ATOM motorcycle & car dryer , readily available from amazon , about £60.00 , well built and powerfull , and i dont let the girlfriend into the house again untill she gets it totally dry.

U talking about cleaning the bike, right? ;)

Back