Forum trackday

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forum Trackday 2012 Face Off!!

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Docta13

THE BEAST
Reaction score
Right then guys as we are now growing in numbers how's about a nice little forum trackday?
Let's get some ideas on numbers and which tracks u would prefer,
Even if it's ur first trackday atleast u would be with people u know from the off!!

Well Snetterton is my favourite closely followed by Brands but only because they are local. I like the look of the new one in Bedford track so that will be on the cards as well. Busy earning house points ie diy and I have definitely earned a day out this weekend.

Oh yes please ;D either brands ( never ridden it) or snetterton (done 300 once) but I'm up for either wahoo

I did a Bike magazine organised trackday at Snetterton. It was part of their reclaim the tracks scheme. The atmosphere was great as there was more general respect for other as everyone had to ride home afterwards. They are doing it again this year so might suit more people who are wary about taking their pride and joy out on track.

Snetterton is practically on my doorstep (12 miles) and the new circuit is mint. Still prefer Cadwell though :D

I'll start the oulton park or anglesey or donny brigade Northern monkey contingent then.
Would love to do either brands or snett though

I would recommend Snett its made for the beemer especially the back straight where I saw 170 before crapping myself.

I guess to make it a bit closer for the northern massive snetterton is the more middle track for most. The 300 is a nice track but the back straight is still to long IMO but makes for good over taking if you like braking late

Your welcome stop at mine bob but it is 70 miles beyond Snetterton. Happy to put you though fella, no probs

I like the idea of the trackday in theory but in practice I may wait until my riding is a bit more sorted (this year is the year of accident recovery and confidence reinstatement) and I've done a trackday or two.

The thought of taking the BumbleBeemer on the track quite frankly scares me... even though I should imagine there's less risk than on the road!

It scares me as well the bikes not payed off. But you know what they say about falling off the horse etc. A day at the track may be the tonic before habits and fears get too in grained.

unionjack link=topic=392.msg3096#msg3096 date=1326740314 said:
It scares me as well the bikes not payed off. But you know what they say about falling off the horse etc. A day at the track may be the tonic before habits and fears get too in grained.

Is that my rubber arm you're twisting there? ;)

Anyway... from a logistics pov Brands is best for me.

I would suggest Donnington, as by my reckoning thats the most central track.

+1 with unionjack, Hanna a track day will help you more understand your bike than any road. No traffic is the biggest plus then everything going the same way, width of Tarmac, no manholes, potholes, diesel spills the list is endless. Plus we will be there to help you gain trust in your abilities and help you where ever we can. We all fall off, its part of learning. Butjust because you fell off the likely hood of doing it again is no higher or lower than before you fell off the first time. And if you feel still unhappy to do the track day then come and take the piss out of the rest of us, it will be fun!! Plus you can do the stop watch ::) ;D

Godzilla link=topic=392.msg3100#msg3100 date=1326744689 said:
I would suggest Donnington, as by my reckoning thats the most central track.

Theres always one. I'm getting the ruler out. ;)

Back