Stealth black 2012

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wadkins14

Reaction score
After wanting one since they first came out I now have one!

Its a 2012 S1000rr Sport.
Its current spec is this....

- Evotech performance radiator and oil gaurds
- GB Racing alternator, clutch and pulse covers
- Yoshimura oil filler cap
- Yoshimura steering stem nut
- Zero Gravity dark tint screen
- Techspec USA tank grips
- R&G bar ends
- R&G cotton reels
- R&G crash bung protectors
- R&G tail tidy
- BMW HP genuine carbon front wheel guard
- BMW HP genuine front brake lever ( clutch needed!! )
- BMW genuine LED indicators

Future plans...

- Akrapovic slip on / with or without danmto decat / full system
- Carbon tank/side infills
- integrated rear brake light
- flush front indicators
- smoke the rear light and front headlights
- HID kit
- Black out asmuch as possible... brake and clutch foot levers, heel guards, fairing bolts....

Heres a couple pictures taken by the previous owner as I've not had a chance to get my camera out yet....

Lovely looking bike mate, enjoy it. One more thing to add to your 'to do list'.... reduce the chicken strips when its dryer! Lol.

The turkey drummers are really bad I know! Ive not even had it a week yet though so give me a chance to get rid of them.

If anyone has the following for sale then let me know...

- Seat cowl in black
- Akrapovic exhaust
- 2012 OEM rearsets
- HP clutch lever

If anyone has the following for sale then let me know...

- Seat cowl in black
- Akrapovic exhaust
- 2012 OEM rearsets
- HP clutch lever

Congrats on the new bike. Let me know when you get your new integrated rear light, as I'm keen on getting some rear HP LED indicators, if you wanna sell.
I have the Watsen Designs on the front of mine and I can strongly recommend them, but I want the big winkers on the back to work with touring luggage :)

Last edited:
Hi, nice bike, how did you find the evotech guards installation? They look very nice compared to the r&g ones I fitted. Ironically the r&g ones are black. The hp4 oem grille is grey/silver and the evotech guards suit the bike better IMO. Swap ;) ?

Congrats on the new bike. Let me know when you get your new integrated rear light, as I'm keen on getting some rear HP LED indicators, if you wanna sell.
I have the Watsen Designs on the front of mine and I can strongly recommend them, but I want the big winkers on the back to work with touring luggage :)

Im thinking about Watsen Designs on the front, just cant find many photos of them. Also how bright are they? Then Im going to put HP LED indicators on the rear.

Hi, nice bike, how did you find the evotech guards installation? They look very nice compared to the r&g ones I fitted. Ironically the r&g ones are black. The hp4 oem grille is grey/silver and the evotech guards suit the bike better IMO. Swap ;) ?

The guards were fitted by the previous owner, so I have no idea how hard/easy they're to fit.
Im trying to make everything on the bike black so the R&G ones would suit it better but I've not looked into what's involved with removing and re-fitting.

How easy are they to fit? I'm not sure there's holes where the indicators seem to be. Obviously there is in the front but not the back.

Watsons are brighter than stock and can be seen side on aswell ,I'm selling a full inconel Austin racing exhaust PVC and k&n race filter I also got Watson flush mounts aswell and the under seat panel to go with them

We'll I bought some dark tint vinyl and had a go at tinting my headlights.
The vinyl was under £5 and it took less than an hour from taking the front off, tinting them and re-fitting it all.
Heres a couple rubbish iphone pictures, it got dark by the time I'd finished so I'll get some better pictures soon.....

Heres 2 before and after pictures with the lights off and on, the left side is before the tint.....

The light shines through almost as much as without the vinyl, but a little more yellow. So I need to look into getting better bulbs or a HID kit.

I finally got round to fitting my full Akrapovic shorty exhaust last week. Took me longer than expected because I didn't have the right sized small socket extensions and forgot to get a spring puller! But I borrowed a
couple extensions from a mate and made my own spring puller from a coat hanger haha
The radiator bracket was a b*tch to remove!
I've fitted it with the standard O2 sensors and not had any codes come up either.

Today was the first time of riding since being fitted.
It seems to run fine, only done 35 miles, so it might get a little better with more miles.

Couple pictures....

Whats next....

- Powder coat the rearsets and fuel cap (booked in next week)
- Get my rear seat cowl sprayed and fiitted (then remove the rear pegs)
- Get a smoked integrated rear light, HP racing cover and fit my reg plate to the battery box.

Tinting headlights? Surely that's not legal? Won't that make the bulbs overheat? Won't the vinyl just bubble?

Same as other headlight covers. I only use the bike during the day unless Im out longer than expected an it gets dark.
The light shines through more than enough to see still though.

Back