2014 HP4 - Bursig Warning

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sharpedge

Reaction score
At this time the Bursig paddock stand can not be used with the 2014 HP4. BMW have decided to change the rear engine mountings. The S1kRR and 12/13 HP4 have a single bolt that goes through the frame which uses a nut on the other side. The 2014 HP has two bolts, one on each side. The so what - you can not use the frame sleeve as there is no requirement for a nut on the new bike. Nice one BMW, my Motorrad dealer didn't even know that they'd changed the mounting, they report that the parts catalogue still show the single nut/bolt combo.

Sent an email to Bursig asking it they are going to make a sleeve for the 14 HP4. Will report back when I know more.

My dealer took delivery of my 3262 today, and as I got the same warning from Bursig, I wanted to check which version mine is. It is the standard single long bolt through the frame.
hope this is helpful, I have pictures but can't see how to attach them yet.

My dealer took delivery of my 3262 today, and as I got the same warning from Bursig, I wanted to check which version mine is. It is the standard single long bolt through the frame.
hope this is helpful, I have pictures but can't see how to attach them yet.

BMW changed from single bolt to double bolt from December 2013, found out today.

BMW changed from single bolt to double bolt from December 2013, found out today.

Bursig arrived fromGermany today, one hour later fitted to my HP4. Now I can move it around my garage with one hand, with the wheels safely off the ground. Excellent, but expensive, product. Everything came as required, well packaged and protected. Would certainly recomend it.

Latest from Bursig is that the sleeves are in production, once completed they will then need to be sent off for zinc plating. They should be in stock in about 14 days. This is good news as my chain is in dire need of a little TLC, not easily done without getting the back end in the air.

Back