BMW HP4 help......

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bmw_hp4

Hi guys! i'm planning to get a bike thinking between HP4 Standard and S1000rr. can some of you advice me which bike to take and forgive my ignorance i want to know the difference between HP4(2014) and S1000rr(2014). Thanks in advance

Same difference as the 2013 s1000rr I believe. Don't think there's any particular changes for this year. Easily Googled but the highlight for me would be ddc on the HP4. Bear in mind you can also get different versions of each model, s1000rr sport and hp4 carbon.

If you want the best the latter is the more expensive and fancier.

Last edited:
Hi guys! i'm planning to get a bike thinking between HP4 Standard and S1000rr. can some of you advice me which bike to take and forgive my ignorance i want to know the difference between HP4(2014) and S1000rr(2014). Thanks in advance

If you are spending that much on a bike a few minutes on doing some research on the bmw motorrad website would be a good move. All the specs and info is on there.

If you are spending that much on a bike a few minutes on doing some research on the bmw motorrad website would be a good move. All the specs and info is on there.

Hope you can give me some good opinion about the bike? thanks

Ok. In my opinion the main differences will be in power delivery (full akra on hp4) and the DDC on the hp4 compared to the standard setup on the regular rr. The feel of the DDC is that the front is always planted and grippy because the damping is more responsive, but the standard bike is bloody good too. Power wise both feel insanely fast and plenty good enough for me. It's really a case of budget and preference. I'd choose the hp4 only because the DDC is that good, or wait for the DDC option on the rr which must be soon? The only other consideration would be that the hp4 bike is a two year limited production, buying one new is not going to be an option for much longer.

Ok. In my opinion the main differences will be in power delivery (full akra on hp4) and the DDC on the hp4 compared to the standard setup on the regular rr. The feel of the DDC is that the front is always planted and grippy because the damping is more responsive, but the standard bike is bloody good too. Power wise both feel insanely fast and plenty good enough for me. It's really a case of budget and preference. I'd choose the hp4 only because the DDC is that good, or wait for the DDC option on the rr which must be soon? The only other consideration would be that the hp4 bike is a two year limited production, buying one new is not going to be an option for much longer.

Thanks soofsayer, Here in the middle east i ask the dealer if i will take S1000rr and install full akra they told me the 3 years warranty will be void. did this happen to some of you?

Thanks soofsayer, Here in the middle east i ask the dealer if i will take S1000rr and install full akra they told me the 3 years warranty will be void. did this happen to some of you?

If you don't buy the akra system through BMW and don't have them install it, it will give you problems with warranty for sure. If you want the full akra just buy the HP4. I think BMW will sell you the full akra system and install it, but I expect it will be very expensive - but it will be included in your warranty for the bike, so piece of mind.

Back