Bought my S1RR just before xmas

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DJUK

Reaction score

Hope it works.

Going for a tail tidy from d3. Standard one.
Smaller number plate
Motorgrafix 3d gel
Currently looking for some headers as I have a Akraprovic can already on, don't need a full system but can't seem to find anywhere that will sell just headers.

Dom

Oooooo and a fairing extender to cover up the gap/cat. Hopefully gap as I want some headers.

Yeah I've been looking into that, but want a original exhaust to do the mod on. Just so I can replace the bike back to standard if I have to.

Even with Danmoto still able to revert back to standard.

2 ways, have some clamps made up (I think these come with the AR link pipe).
or
have the cat welded back to pipes.

I thought you cut through the cat to fit the decat pipe?

You cut the two straight pipes before the cat, so an easy repair in the future if ever needed.

The entire CAT box stays intact and if you cut about 1.5cm away from the CAT you will miss the CAT converter metal as well.

Oooooooooo good advice. Don't suppose you know the legal DB for the English roads? Don't fancy any unwanted attention from the police. haha

I've got the shorty avraprovic that you can get from BMW

There isn't really a legal DB for the roads, I've had my 2011 is Danmoto decat and akra shorty for 7000 miles of road riding and not been pulled due to noise.

What the bike looked like

Now what it looks like

Just need to get the tank and rears on. Didn't want to rush it or do it in the dark so shall wait till tomorrow for them.

And now the rest (bar the tank one, need to take that off to put the new one on) how it looked...

how it now looks...

I haven't fitted the danmoto decat yet, shall be doing that in march when I'm back from Australia. But when it is fitted I will get some side on photo's before I buy a fairing extender to cover up the hole.

You fitted the danmoto yet mate?

Can I ask where you bought it from and how much for? I'm sure I see a thread on here somewhere with all the import prices but I can't find it now!

Nah, not fitted it yet. The original headers I bought have been chopped and it is all waiting to be fitted, but the bloke who I'd do it with at his work shop is on holiday funnily enough. Plus I'm actually enjoying the sound of the bike with just the stubby. So if I don't like it with the decat I'll be selling it.

I got it from that link above. Think it cost about 90quid and then 30quid for the duty which caught me out unfortunately. Yeah I tried looking for it but my history won't go that far back anymore.

Well if you do come to selling drop me a PM, If I haven't bought one by then I'll take it.
Ive been trying to hold out for a full Akra system to come up for sale but I doubt one will, plus I'm really liking the looks of the Austin Racing GP2R now.

Back