Monza in May

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatbob

Reaction score
LEaving for Monza 1st May , watch racing come back through Switzerland and back home for the 9th if anyone fancies it , can supply more details if anyone interested.
Rode my bike to Aragon last year going the long way and loved every minute of it.

Would love to but got 2 x family holidays and Assen so far this year and work coming out my ears so cant spend any more down time :(

Would love to Bob but i'm in the same boat as Rich. If the kids grow up and the wife f's off i'd be a free man.

rhanmore link=topic=377.msg2987#msg2987 date=1326303967 said:
Would love to but got 2 x family holidays and Assen so far this year and work coming out my ears so cant spend any more down time :(
Snap I also have 2 family holidays and 2 trips to Assen

Sounds like we got the same plan. If my schedule works out we were going to ride down to Dover the night before (1st) and start our trip on the 2nd.

How many people are you riding with?

Any advice/tips?

fatbob link=topic=377.msg2981#msg2981 date=1326270234 said:
LEaving for Monza 1st May , watch racing come back through Switzerland and back home for the 9th if anyone fancies it , can supply more details if anyone interested.
Rode my bike to Aragon last year going the long way and loved every minute of it.

Bob i've never done anything like this before but im very interested, whats the deal? have you booked hotels/trains or is it a tent job?

its a bit of both buddy , route going down through south of france , on way back Italian alps , switzerland and stuff , be back on the 9th ::)

Send us your e mail and i'll send you the iternary and kit list.
You'd love it fella , easily the most fun Ive had on my bike for a long while

mail sent fella , will be booking monza campsite very very soon , let us know if you are still interested

fatbob link=topic=377.msg3718#msg3718 date=1328084818 said:
mail sent fella , will be booking monza campsite very very soon , let us know if you are still interested

Did you get my email Bob?

yes please, thats the worst bit of going away, deciding what to take and packing lol

I'd love to do this , i also went to Aragon on the bike last year as part of our Euro trip, were going down to Croatia in may & ffkr1s is joining in so can't do this unfortunately.

Godzilla link=topic=377.msg3729#msg3729 date=1328099169 said:
yes please, thats the worst bit of going away, deciding what to take and packing lol
I know this sounds a bit sad/weird but, I can never remember what I packed and how much to take so, last year I decided to take a picture of what I could pack into my Bm tail pack for a 6 day trip, hope this helps..

993042239_Rkz49-M.jpg

fatbob link=topic=377.msg3732#msg3732 date=1328110280 said:
what no tent,stove or food :)
Nope, just a Mars Bar in me Pocket ;) I always stay in Hotels with a comfy bed, warm showers and a dinning room (sorry)....

phil link=topic=377.msg3733#msg3733 date=1328113464 said:
fatbob link=topic=377.msg3732#msg3732 date=1328110280 said:
what no tent,stove or food :)
Nope, just a Mars Bar in me Pocket ;) I always stay in Hotels with a comfy bed, warm showers and a dinning room (sorry)....

Amen to that :)

gents im with you on the fancy hotel , however staying on the track site Friday , Saturday , Sunday is a joy , its not just about the racing.
More happens at night , so leaving to go to your hotel turns into a bit of turd IMHO
You should try it its a laugh

Back