Slick Mode and anti wheelie

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkyMark

Reaction score
I usually ride mine in Race mode, which as you know prevents wheelies pretty much totally
Is there any anti - flip safety on slick mode does anyone know?
What is the main difference when you insert the coding plug?
Thanks
Mark

I have had the coding plug in since the day i got the bike. All it does is unlock slick mode it has no effect on the other modes.

Slick mode anti wheelie cuts in when the bike is leaned over, so when exiting bends it will not wheelie but when upright the bike will wheelie for 5 seconds then the bike will cut the power.

I had the coding plug in as soon as the 500mile service was done. Gives you another option and you don't have to run bike in slick mode if you don't want to. But you will!! ;D

How does it work ? If Plugged in are you in slick all the time or do other modes still work ?

Darbo link=topic=372.msg2936#msg2936 date=1325976369 said:
How does it work ? If Plugged in are you in slick all the time or do other modes still work ?

you can still cycle through the other modes by using the button on the right bar

Slick mode anti wheelie cuts in when the bike is leaned over, so when exiting bends it will not wheelie but when upright the bike will wheelie for 5 seconds then the bike will cut the power.
[/quote]

I may be wrong but as far as i have found the bike in slick mode if you have grip will wheelie when leant over coming out of a corner,the traction control cuts in when it senses a difference in wheel speed between the front and rear,slick mode is the least sensitive as it will allow power slides ,wheelies etc
the lean angle is sensed and that controls the traction control as well ,the amout of lean is different in different modes,you can be leant over further with power applied but TC kicks in when you reduce the angle the traction control will allow more power to the wheel
I dont think the bike in slick mode will stop you from flipping where as in the other modes the change in wheel speed is sensed and cuts power if you are still holding the throttle open it will start to wheelie and again power will be cut,this is like a pogo affect and very nasty

my old 2010 bike would wheelie as long as i could keep it wheeling..??? slick mode and only way to ride it was in slick mode only.....lol

Back