Seat Cover replace pillion seat ?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parley Waller

Reaction score
Taken rear pegs off, fitted blanking plates and thinking off purchasing Seat Cover in bikes colour. See it costs £171.00 :mad: Do you then have to add more for fastening / lock for this ? Looks like it according to accessory brochure.

I haven't seen a single s1rr with cover all have seat or complete track kit. Comments / views would be welcome .

I've seen a motorsport with the cover and it looked neat. Not £171 neat though. I've taken my pegs off as well so I'd be interested in a cheaper alternative.

Just fitted the cover to mine this afternoon. You have to pay for the fastening kit (£18 extra). This part is a bit cheeky of BMW as the it is simply a metal bar that allows the cover to attach to the subframe. Any other manufacturer, it comes attached already.

Also give you the option of a lock barrel which they can match to your key. IMO - no point in this as its £30 on top again and you can just take the lock barrel from the seat and put it into the cover (this takes 5 minutes - if they tell you otherwise, its a sales pitch to get more money out of you).

Last thing, the offical HP cover doesnt seem to fit that well. (Pic attached). Still a bigish gap at either side and just doesnt seem to be tight on the seat unit. Think they are all like this as I've fiddled with it numerous times, but to no avail.

For the money and fitting, its quite disappointing TBH.

SeatUnit.jpg

Hope this helps

That is disappointing considering the money if it was 50 quid then it would be a different story.

unionjack link=topic=353.msg5118#msg5118 date=1330721084 said:
That is disappointing considering the money if it was 50 quid then it would be a different story.

Agreed mate. Unless i've fitted it incorrectly (which I doubt), you'd think it would fit perfectly. Every other manufacturer can do it...

Stevie link=topic=353.msg5120#msg5120 date=1330721436 said:
unionjack link=topic=353.msg5118#msg5118 date=1330721084 said:

Agreed mate. Unless i've fitted it incorrectly (which I doubt), you'd think it would fit perfectly. Every other manufacturer can do it...

Nope I think thats the way it is because the mounting frame must be the same as the seat pad. The gap around the seat is quiet large possibly to give the luggage loops room to swing out.

That's the way it fits. I think someone from Australia mentioned, that he sanded the pads down to make it seat more flush.

I did end up purchasing seat cowl as can be seen on photo , am not best pleased with fit. Other manufacturer's can make the cover fit flush! :mad: And its not exactly cheap :-\
CIMG0320.jpg

I still cant believe there are no aftermarket seat cowls in production.

(Apart from 1, but that has to be screwed down, and I use the under seat 'storage')

Stevie link=topic=353.msg5113#msg5113 date=1330719971 said:
Just fitted the cover to mine this afternoon. You have to pay for the fastening kit (£18 extra). This part is a bit cheeky of BMW as the it is simply a metal bar that allows the cover to attach to the subframe. Any other manufacturer, it comes attached already.

Also give you the option of a lock barrel which they can match to your key. IMO - no point in this as its £30 on top again and you can just take the lock barrel from the seat and put it into the cover (this takes 5 minutes - if they tell you otherwise, its a sales pitch to get more money out of you).

Last thing, the offical HP cover doesnt seem to fit that well. (Pic attached). Still a bigish gap at either side and just doesnt seem to be tight on the seat unit. Think they are all like this as I've fiddled with it numerous times, but to no avail.

For the money and fitting, its quite disappointing TBH.

SeatUnit.jpg

Hope this helps
Mine doesn't seem to have a big gap,but if these did sit flush,it would soon mess the paint work up. I'm happy with mine.
19a5c9a0.jpg

Back