Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa Tyres

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penpals

Reaction score
So after many months of waiting it looks as though Diablo Rosso Corsa's in 200/55 17ZR are in the country. Have just bought a set from FWR in london and will get them fitted in a day or two. What with all the rain thought these tyres made sense. Will let you know what they are like apart from round and black!

I absolutely love the Corsa's and even the cheaper Rosso II's and both have given me good wet grip, however wet grip on the Corsa's is generally considered to be poor. http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Pirelli/Diablo-Rosso-Corsa.htm

Just had a set of Michelin Pilot Road 3's fitted front and back, part worns (like new, £100 fitted) for the winter because of wet grip reviews and I must say they have impressed. First Michelins in 7 years for me as I've never been a fan. Good grip and lifespan is said to be good, but in my opinion they lack feedback from the road.

Meh, if you think the rosso corsas are bad in the wet - try Dunlop D211s... Only wearing them as I got an insane deal on three sets of scrubs. Out in the wet yesterday and they were hilariously bad. Thought the roads were covered in diesel (not saying some weren't) and no feel whatsoever from the front tyre.

In the dry, however... Oh my...

Anyway - not out on it enough (don't commute) to justify swapping over for something more sensible. Had Corsas on my old 7R and loved them.

I'll see your Dunlop 211's and raise you Bridgestone R10's never mind the wet in the dry they are useless unless up to track temps. I had to pop to Halfords on my bike the other day to get a tool for my car it was all over the place!

Was using Bridgestone Hypersport S20's and there awful. God knows how they get good reviews.

But tyres are an each to their own kind of thing. I have several friends who swear by Maxxis Diamonds

The last 3 sets of tyres I had on my K6 1000 were Rosso Corsa's and I reckon they flattered the bike TBH, I never had slides in the dry :). I cant say the same for the Bridgestones my S1000rr came on and I haven't run it in yet.

Back