gear box issues

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmy mac

Reaction score
hi my 2011 s1000rr foruth gear is making a clicking noise only 3000 miles any one had gear box issues cheers james

nope i believe thats a new one , is it under load? , does it still make the noise clutch in/out?
have you got a lolly stick in your spokes?
anymore detail would be helpful :)
welcome aboard by the way

I have had a problem where it won't go into 6th, keeps crunching and have had to stop go o first and start again.

couldnt find a problem with the clutch or gearbox at the first service when it went in.

after service every 1 in 10 gear changes on the quick shifter it has a delay and the bike sort of stall, loses power and I end up slamming the tank with my nuts.

Cant explain when it happens or why as can be under any riding conditions, worst one was when in first at about 9k rpm and changed to second and had to wait for about 2 secs for 2nd.

Needles to say going back in when they replace the rear swing arm

I have the identical issue , I have also been told this is the star selector shaft as well , by a bloke that worked for buildbase for a few years.
I intend to get it changed when I MOT it next month , The issue has happened with 2 seperate QS units also.
It doesn't happen every time , however i know now to pull the clutch in for that change( 5th-6th).
How many miles do you have on your bike?
The QS was one of the things that attracted me to this bike during the test ride , however I am not convinced they dont decrease the shelf life of other components..

I have 7200 miles on the clock and am doing about 250 week commuting on it. The 6th gear was always on the clutch and even with the clutch pulled back in it wouldn't go back into 5th or up to 6th.

I have had a problem where it won't go into 6th, keeps crunching and have had to stop go o first and start again.

couldnt find a problem with the clutch or gearbox at the first service when it went in.

after service every 1 in 10 gear changes on the quick shifter it has a delay and the bike sort of stall, loses power and I end up slamming the tank with my nuts.

Cant explain when it happens or why as can be under any riding conditions, worst one was when in first at about 9k rpm and changed to second and had to wait for about 2 secs for 2nd.

Needles to say going back in when they replace the rear swing arm

I had exactly the same iusse the the stock shift assist " its not a real quick shiffter" purchased a HM Shiffter plus and the differance is night and day although I still have a miss shift ocasionaly going from 5th to 6th but every were else its perfect

The stock QS Is cheap and it's common on a lot of bikes with the intermittent lag in up shifts at high rpm's in the taller gears mine does it once or twice wen riding,upgrade to a proper was set up is the way forward ;)

Back