Insurance...why oh why do they make it so hard for us?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cornish

Reaction score
OK, it's that time of year again to renew my insurance, currently with MCE yet they're quoting £690 when i get a quote of £445 when going through Go compare, WTF!

So, who do you use?

I'm based in Surrey, the bike has the BMW Factory fitted alarm, Akro end can, data tag, oxford chain, kept in a brick garage locked up etc.

OK, i got an SP30 last August, yet 4 years no claims, no accidents and was looking for pillion and commuting (yet happy to drop these if it makes a massive difference).

I've tried:- Bennetts, MCE, Hastings, Swinton, BikeSure - all of which are just crazy money!!!

I love my S1K yet i'm not willing to pay stupid money for the sake of it so any advice or recommendations would be welcomed guys and girls...Thanks Cornish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only did mine 2 days ago

From the other thread I started my cheapest was 125 for TPO with Bikesure via Go compare, but I managed to get my current insurer Motorcycle Direct to give me TPFT with euro cover, legal, pillion, commuting, protected no claims and breakdown for £176 so went with that. I had already taken the policy with Bikesure but was within the 14 days cancellation and the policy wasn't due to start til tomorrow but was still a hassle to cancel.

29 years old, 5 years NCB, All bike mods declared, clean license, Group A postcode.

Thanks for the heads up.

Devitts, were twice as much as MCE in the end, and Hastings well, they wanted a small countries GDP!

Yeah, I've worked out it will save me £100 if i went TPF&T yet, don't wish to risk that on the S1K, so buy going through The Meerkat's i've saved £120 from phoning and wasting 30 minutes with MCE direct, so going for the £445 online, with, MCE!!!

Lovely girl on MCE phone, yet they're renewal documents say get an extra 3 months free insurance, yeah right, only from certain providers and guess what, not the ones that would cover me!

What a waste of 4 hours of my life trawling the web and speaking to brokers!!!!

All done for another year, and thank god for that.

Let's get riding the bike now...:biggrin-new:

mce can be hard work, they always seem to give a good price when its the first time but struggle when they come around to renewal, not sure why?

Yup I recall that's why I left them a couple of years ago. You would've thought it would be the opposite as its x10s more costly to gain new customers than retain! Hey ho.

I just upgraded from having 2 800cc bikes to the 1000...my insurance company quoted me £236 to change bike (6months left)...I looked online and then went back to them and got them to drop it to £50...so definitely worth pushing them....

they advertise as no additional cost for mods????????
is that correct

It would be interesting to get a quote for a completely standard bike, then say by the way can you add on some mods, and I see from your advert there is no additional cost.

Charlotte definitely, i got a cheaper quote through compare the market and which was better than what MCE quoted on the phone so i got them to honour the online one £120 less!

I just upgraded from having 2 800cc bikes to the 1000...my insurance company quoted me £236 to change bike (6months left)...I looked online and then went back to them and got them to drop it to £50...so definitely worth pushing them....

Back