Gel seats

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

penpals

Reaction score
Anyone know where you can get a Gel seat for the HP4? I find the standard pretty uncomfortable and it looks pretty tacky given expense of the bike.

Take it to a Auto trimmers they can modify it and make it more comfortable and if you want a better cover do that too.
Ive had one done on my last S1000rr, ive just purchased a spare seat to have done for when i get my HP4 next week.

Take it to a Auto trimmers they can modify it and make it more comfortable and if you want a better cover do that too.
Ive had one done on my last S1000rr, ive just purchased a spare seat to have done for when i get my HP4 next week.

What exactly do they do to it ?

I had it done once few years ago to an old GPZ550, the original seat was giving me piles lol.

My mum had it done to her VN1500 Classic years ago too, she had a complete custom seat made using the original hard plastic base. She had it done with memory foam stuff in mattresses, oh it was comfy.

Not sure if the HP4 seat is same as standard S1Krr but buy a spare to hack up.

I brought a spare and sent it away to get gel seat fitted and profile lowered. It was done blind as the guy didn't have an S1krr to work with nor had he done one before. When I got it back, slightly too much was taken off at the back. There is a noticable gap between top rear of the seat and the bodywork.

Got my done by Vikingmotorcycle seats in Kent.

I think its worth it for those longer journeys.

hp4 and s1000rr are the same seat , have replaced my original seat cover with the hp4 custom seat design cover from canada , the hp4 emblem is stitched on and looks very nice , fabric is leather and suede , check out any coach trimmers in your area they should do this easily for you.

The 2011 seat is far superior to the 2012 seat , I have both and the sponge is thicker on the old seat.

Back