Flat-shifter - clutch-less up/down shifts..

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting ive seen the auto blippers for the yamaha r1, i dont know if i would trust going down the box without the clutch, although i once drove 200 miles in a old toyota with no clutch just using the throttle to get the gear speeds correct for the change.

let us know what you find out

Just read off the site.. 'When a gear shift is required the throttle is closed and finger operated override button is pressed which disengages the clutch allowing up or down gear shifts to be made. Releasing the switch re-engages the clutch.'

Replace the words 'finger operated override button' with 'clutch lever'. Where's the automation or am I missing the point?

As you have to close the throttle it sounds like its a backwards move if replacing the original or aftermarket shifter.

Just read off the site.. 'When a gear shift is required the throttle is closed and finger operated override button is pressed which disengages the clutch allowing up or down gear shifts to be made. Releasing the switch re-engages the clutch.'

Replace the words 'finger operated override button' with 'clutch lever'. Where's the automation or am I missing the point?

As you have to close the throttle it sounds like its a backwards move if replacing the original or aftermarket shifter.

Going to call him tomorrow and get some answers, including to the above.

I had something similar on my busa powered kit car, cant remember the brand but it was awesome, did exactly what it said on the tin, once you are moving you dont touch the clutch at all. not sure how smooth it would be on a bike though, it did occasionally lock the rear wheels on the downshift!! :/

sounds like another selector shaft bending kit to me fellas , its bad enough with the QS it has.

sounds like another selector shaft bending kit to me fellas , its bad enough with the QS it has.

Unfortunately Bob its not a choice mate, my ankle is playing up and I have avoided surgery for 2 years and rather be replacing selector shafts than replacing me ankle.

Just spoke to the flat-shifter chap due an some weird interaction with the BM electronics he cannot do clutch less up-shifts at present and has no plans to develop one. more and likely why translogic do have any listed for the BM.

But I just had an idea to make it work - Suppose I better ring Flat shifter again.

Yeah, I think a few people on the thread are confusing this with a quick shifter like the HM, or the BMW Shift Assist on the bike.

It's a push button gearchange system designed for bike engined kit cars. Would seem to fit your requirements though Lumpy, if you have ankle issues. Was out for a 5 hour hoon round the Galloway Forest yesterday and my left ankle was aching afterwards - that box really isn't the best...

Translogic powershifter fastened to your normal gearlever. Use the existing QS for upshifts & the clutch for downshifts. Used one on my Duke & it worked OK. Biggest problem was getting the buttons in the right place.

I did think of setting it up on the S1000 with the clutch switch in place of the down button. Might take a bit of working out but easier than using your foot if it doesn't like being moved.

Translogic powershifter fastened to your normal gearlever. Use the existing QS for upshifts & the clutch for downshifts. Used one on my Duke & it worked OK. Biggest problem was getting the buttons in the right place.

I did think of setting it up on the S1000 with the clutch switch in place of the down button. Might take a bit of working out but easier than using your foot if it doesn't like being moved.

Too true, most are solenoid based and too large to be located for direct gear lever operation. Problem with the translogic is that once fitted its buttons only, no more manual shifts. Would kinda like it so I get the push button upshifts and use foot for down shifts. But I would like to still use it when i can. + its £800 kinda expensive for an actuator and 2 buttons. More research i think?

Back