DDC Setup, why?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soofsayer

Forum Admin
Reaction score
Ok, this is probably a really dumb post:

on the hp4 I've got all the endless config menu options for the DDC setup for rebound etc. why? I thought the whole point of the hp4 was that the new suspension automatically adjusts constantly to match road and riding so the bike is always at optimum. The only differentiation to the auto setup is the mode selection.

i am about 85kgs with all the gear on so preload adjustment is not needed.

i have not noticed any issues with the setup when out riding other than it can feel very hard with a combination of high speed and bumpy surfaces.

im not a mechanic, I just like riding the damn things and paying someone more able than me to get oily fingers.... So be gentle please.

?

Surely it's for people who think they know better than the computer :) - or more likely for trackdays where some might want static responses from the suspension, rather than it changing dynamically all the time. The only criticism I've heard of the system is on corner entry on track, where some of the real racey testers have said it's a bit vague as the damping is changing - so set it static for a known, unchanging surface and remove that variable.

That's a fair point shug, thanks.

when I picked up the bike from the dealer I asked the sales manager during handover about the DDC settings and he ran off to the workshop, reappearing 10 minutes later saying leave it alone with everything on zero, which I have done.

Back