Changed rear ride height - Wow!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edventure

Reaction score
I've had my HP4 for only a few weeks and am loving it. I do notice however compared to my previous S1K it takes a lot more effort to get round corners so on Sunday I had a go with the spacer blockers for raising the ride height.

I'd seen others say that it was a 10 minute job....ha bloody ha..not for me it wasn't!! Ended up taking some of the fairing, belly pan and rear brake reservoir off just to get easy access and also to make it easier when I kept dropping the spacer block. I'm sure it would be easier if I had to do it again.

I put the 3mm spacer in but in retrospect the 1.5 could maybe have been a better starting point.
Upshot is the bike now turns in very quickly and is a joy to throw into corners. Well worth doing.

I wondering if hight can be lowered or how do I know hight blockers been add to make highter....

Had a peep at top of shock.....there is a oval washer....thing its got a dot one end which is at the top.....so if this is it....how do you know which end is lower and do you just undo he star inverted bolt..... Or do you seat cowl support or is it undo turn round and do up.....advise need please.....wont to know if my bike is on high setting.....to lower.....

The hole is offset, if it's at the bottom it's tail up, if it's at the top it's tail down. One of them is threaded, undo, slide bolt out enough to flip both washers/spacers and do up. Its easier to get help to take the weight off the shock.

Cheers bananaman are we talking the hole.... Middle of space.....mines got what apiers to be like dots mark that are at the top.....so wondering if mine as been highed.... Is it low setting before I change it.....do they come already fitted space blockes....

Ok cheers think mines not.....my holes are dead centre....so need to buy some to fit......cheers for advise saved me try to do it.... Before I realised they are not the ones.....

Hi any one got torque setting for the bolt that gos throught slide spaces...please...Paul at chester.... Give me them for free.... Good sevice. Up to now...

Still need the torque setting bot did job makr shift hust of garage roof getting slide space round ddc control unit on arm attech to frame...no room for slide space to get round in to hole... Did after couple of swear word and me soms help...just need centre bolt troque up setting to tighten bolt....help well come..

Back