Front brake pads?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fino

Reaction score
Who has changed their front brake pads and did you keep OE?

Searching on the net, most aftermarket pads appear to be geared up for track work but I after something 'better' than OE but mainly for road.

My 6k service said that pads are down to 40%, so will be looking to renew the pads soon.

cheers

Mine were about half done last time I looked. Might keep to the originals as I've changed to mega pads before and instantly dished the disks.

unionjack link=topic=306.msg2308#msg2308 date=1322670162 said:
Mine were about half done last time I looked. Might keep to the originals as I've changed to mega pads before and instantly dished the disks.

+1. I stick to the OEM.

+2 OE pads for me. On track you may get what 6-7 laps a session and the OE pads may start to fad a tad towrads the end but if 90% of your riding is on the road its not worth the extra money for the gain IMO

I've changed mine for OE again, I did find that a lot of aftermarket pads won't fit as they are not available as 4 individual pads like the OE ones, so you need to double check as the caliper won't take a solid pad (at least it didn't look possible to me).

I've been bad and fitted some Bendix MF pads today instead. Less than £60 for the calipers (pair).

Glad I did them today as the original pads had virtually nothing on them. OE pads had Brembo 0716 on the back, if any one is interested.

Quite easy to change I found (first time changing pads on a bike).

Nothing as yet to report as not been on a long enough trip, hope they work as well as OE.

Had them on for 2k miles now and they are seem to produce a lot more brake dust.

They are on par with OE (road) performance wise I would say.

Not sure on the longevity though.

Just an update date on the aftermarket pads fitted.

Lasted nearly 5k miles and just been replaced with Brembo replacements from the dealership.

Its true what they say; buy cheap, buy twice......

Back